Author Topic: Smag & Hedgehunter HHB 2018-19 Hunts  (Read 46061 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Smag & Hedgehunter HHB 2018 Hunts
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2018, 07:06:48 am »
It's a bit different shooting the recurves than self bows for me.That's why I shoot it a fair amount of time before and during hunting season with that bow.For my success paying attention to deer movement/wind direction/ and concealed access to my hunting spot are probably the most important factors I try to keep track of and control well.What the deer actually does is not and you can figure it to happen.
Then there's times everything comes together then too and it's like to me this animal comes by just like I want for my benefit and I'm thankful for that.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline HH~

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2018, 07:12:37 am »
Still only have a wax oil finish on this hunter bow. Prolly will go with me out West in 2019. Will have some stories for another year then I suspect.

HH~
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:18:10 am by Smag »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2018, 07:55:08 am »
You might get more comments on your bow putting that in the bow section.Looks like nice work though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:59:39 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline HH~

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 09:57:59 am »
It's a hunt tool. Goes with my hunts stories. Don't care to play "whose got Bling" in bows.

Smag~
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 11:35:31 am by Smag »

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2018, 10:53:46 am »
I can understand that for some.I've always said function over form is the most important.I always show a bit of info and pics of the bows/arrows and equipment I used hunting for the season.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Smag & Hedgehunter HHB 2018-19 Hunts
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:54 am »
I also understand, I have always built bows for function over beauty and also build them to hunt with,[ sweet tips by the way.] That being said this is a primitive bow site and main function is building bow, some here don't hunt [to each their own ] and many others do have the privilege to hunt as we do and sharing your builds in just the right thing to do. We have a lot of new folks here and to see the works of others that have been at it for a while is a great help, sharing and passing it on is our motto. For some it may be about bling but most just want to share what they are doing in hopes it may help someone else. Not many sites can say that. We are special and that is what I love about this place. Not getting on you Shawn but I know you well enough I can tell you how I feel. See ya in a day or 2  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2019, 08:21:37 am »
Putting the HedgeHunter HHB up for the deer season. It did it's job and put some meat in the ice box. Burgers on the grill. Some jerky in my pocket for pig hunting in a couple weeks. Til next fall fella's.

Keep yer BH's sharp

Shawn~

Offline HH~

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:57 am »
What bow to hunt with this fall?

HH~

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2019, 07:03:33 pm »
I've been thinking about this one. Who knows though. I might have a different favorite by then.
Bjrogg
HHB bendy. 54" t-t-t 52@24"
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2019, 11:43:22 am »
Getting time to get into it heavy with Broadheads. Was thinkin my doe thinning was over. Well, I was just contacted buy a good friend that his farm they manage for deer is over run with doe  (young & old) form the last three easy winters. They want to take 30-50 out and on one orphan section of a  hunnerd acres they need it done by bow only. Looks like the skinning shed will be busy again in '19-2020. Good thing is, I don't need to take any off my hunt area, I think??

HH~

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2019, 12:58:03 pm »
Good luck, Shawn. Sounds like a great opportunity.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline HH~

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2019, 06:14:02 pm »
Hey Eddie.

Yeah, guy brought me in. Its a nice spot has one farm house right next to kill zone. They got a bean field in there and its destroyed. We puts stands in cut trees with chainsaws. Got lockons in and from up there a familt group of doe’s, yearlings weee bedded 50 yds away would not leave!

Got houses along entire property line. Big lots , deer are everywhere. Thinkin these folks are all feeding them. Fat corn fed deer meat makes wonderful brats.

HH~

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2019, 06:59:47 am »
Starting to get the bug real serious like. I'm hoping to get more hunting time this year but I'll take what I get and sneak in a hunt here and there when work allows.

HH pretty sure your buddy picked the right person to help thin the herd. I'm sure you will work hard at it. Happy Hunting sir
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline HH~

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2019, 12:05:55 pm »
 only you can make that happen BJ.

Will start a thread for 19-20 season. Will take us thru the season when i got a HedgeHunter in my hand. See how it works out. Like to see 10,000 hits a season.
Season in Ky is under way and Fort Campbell stArts 14th Sep and Tenn the 28th.

So, let me get a plan together.

Good Hunting

HH~