Author Topic: new arrows 2008  (Read 18986 times)

Dustybaer

Re: new arrows 2008
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 02:22:45 am »
impressive work, as usual, pat.  i wish i could give them a closer look in tennessee.  but hey, i'll try to check out your 2009 batch at the 12th classic.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 02:33:39 am »
Marius, I promise they will be way more impressive then. Looking forward to the reunion! 8)   PBRs on me! ;D      Your redneck buddy! ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TRACY

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 09:47:24 am »
Great looking arrows Pat. In one pic you have an arrow that has a crook in it. How does it fly? Also, did I see LAB butts in one pic?
Thanks
Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 10:31:48 am »
Tracy, crooked arrows are fun to play with. As long as the point and nock end line up crooked arrows fly pretty well. I would not use one for hunting because it would impede penetration but at the target range you get a lot of surprised looks and questions about them.  :o 8)
   Yeh, the choc lab is Lucy Brown . She is 4 years old and I got her from Chris Cade. She is quite the skirl dog too.  If I were a dog trainer she would have been an excellent gun dog.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TRACY

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 11:19:25 am »
I figured it did but just had to ask. I've been experimenting with rose shoots and various hardwood limbs and have learned alot by just doing it. Someday I'll fill my quiver with them. All of my labs are bird hunters but they spend more time as family members than they do retievers. Just like kids. Thanks and maybe see you in Tn. if you're there.

Thanks Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline artcher1

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 11:24:19 am »
Nice looking arrows there Pat! That two fletch and cane shafts makes for a great combo don't you think? From working with other's cane and yours I do believe you just might have some "hill cane". Your's is slightly heavier and denser then most making for good hunting weight cane arrows.  As I mentioned before, you grow the BEST STUFF ;D.-ART B

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 11:58:42 am »
Well Art, I have a batch for you. I'll send it soon. I also have a special hardwood(maple I believe) that I want to send you to see what you can do with it. I found it yesterday.
   The cane and 2 fletch do make for a great arrow. I have to work more with the 2 fletch to get them laying correctly so they don't make much noise.     Pat

ps. Say hey to the guys for me!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 12:08:53 pm »
Good lookin' arrows, Pat. I've been working on some too, hope to have a bunch done in time to lose them at the classic.  :) Those two-fletches fly good, don't they. I just like the looks of them, too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline artcher1

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 12:34:02 pm »
Looks more like walking walking stick material to me Pat :o hehe!

Here's a couple things you might try to help with that two-fletch noise. One is a kind of parabolic cut on the fletching and maybe try some turkey tail feather. The softer of the secondary wing feathers helps also. Wrapping the fletch down helps too.

Looking forward to working with some more of your cane Pat! Had some good results with 'em last year. Everybody's asking if you, Tom and the others are going to make our rendezvous this year, what you want me to tell 'em?-ART B

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 08:25:22 pm »
Great looking arrows brother.. I will be looking forward to the pictures of the meat you make with all of them new arrows. keep your chin to the wind Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

humaza

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:47 pm »
Did I say vulture? I'm certain that I meant dirty turkey.
 ;)

Offline Little John

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 09:25:34 am »
Guess I was a bit confused, the one fletch with split shaft is what didn't fly well for me, nor the two feathers tied back to back, need to try the two fletch and experiment a little more.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Dingleberry

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 12:28:20 pm »
Nice arrows Pat.  Those 2-fletch are nice.  You better hold on to those arrows at the classic.....as I recall last year a certain "Hillbilly Jr." was quite good at shooting other peoples arrows ;D ;D ;D    You kicked our butts last year Pat. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 12:59:35 pm »
Yeh, Jonathan, Cody lost most of Colene's arrows for her.  ;D I know better than to give him acces to my new arrows. That apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree.  ;D  Pat

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 01:00:32 pm »
Nice job Pat,love those 2 fletch,maybe you will loose a couple on the range and I can find them,after you are gone. ;D I have got to do some of them I have the Cain and sourwood shafts,just need to
get motivated.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good