Author Topic: Shooting technique  (Read 13140 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Shooting technique
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2019, 10:12:18 am »
"we would shoot with a given arrow length"  I don't get that part I always shoot arrows that are 30" long regardless.  Wouldn't various sizes hinder accuracy.
each arrow length would have a different stake depending on the individual shooter, as you gained experience, the difference narrowed, and you adjusted to a different  length almost automatically.  Normally, all your arrows are the same length.  But tain't necessarily so!  Hope this makes sense. 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2019, 11:00:15 am »
With cane and hardwood shoot arrows it's not always easy to find matching shafts but you can make arrows that shoot close enough to each other that the length doesn't matter, more so with hardwood shoots but with some cane too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Woodely

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2019, 05:06:32 pm »
"we would shoot with a given arrow length"  I don't get that part I always shoot arrows that are 30" long regardless.  Wouldn't various sizes hinder accuracy.
each arrow length would have a different stake depending on the individual shooter, as you gained experience, the difference narrowed, and you adjusted to a different  length almost automatically.  Normally, all your arrows are the same length.  But tain't necessarily so!  Hope this makes sense. 
Hawkdancer

Ok gotcha, but 30" is 30".  :)
"Doing bad work is an exercise in futility, but honestly making mistakes is trying your best."