Author Topic: Marshall 2019  (Read 69245 times)

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
Re: Marshall 2019
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2019, 01:34:07 pm »
I just heard from Marie that Guy was in a wreck going home last night. She said he wasn't hurt but didn't know any more. Anyone have an update?

Oh no!. I hope he's ok.  If you hear anything PatB please let us know.

We pulled into the drive shortly after noon here. Thanks to everyone for such a great time. We are counting the days until next year already.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2019, 02:05:27 pm »
CJ, Marie got a text from Guy earlier today. He said he was OK but his truck and camper were totaled. He was more worried about his bows than anything.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2019, 03:01:28 pm »
My wife, daughter, grandson and I all had a fantastic time. It was great to see old friends and meet some new ones. One of the things I noticed this year was the abundance of kids. It was great to see so many young people and their families there. I think they had six groups of kids shoot the balloon shoot. Starting with the youngest and he nailed it. I don't have all the groups as I helped my grandson, but I've got some pictures.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2019, 03:04:14 pm »
A couple more
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2019, 03:48:35 pm »
I've got some more pictures. I'll try to get them all posted as time allows. Here's a few more for now. I've seen the pavilion with a bigger crowd before, but we made a good amount of shavings. I know at least two bowyer got their first stave bows shooting. Always great to see. I also want to thank Deerhunter21's dad for bringing him all the way from Nebraska to hang out with a bunch of weirdos his son Meet on the net. Your a good dad. I think your son is alright to. I hope we see both of you again.
A couple more pictures from
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2019, 04:48:29 pm »
Here's a few more from the pavilion. It was nice to meet PA Steve and his brother to.
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2019, 04:58:05 pm »
I also appreciated calendar girl joining us. I don't have any pictures of her but, my wife and I did have a really nice visit with her.
A few more from the pavilion
Bjrogg

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2019, 05:29:51 pm »
Yes a big thanks to my dad for driving me there and packing the car with all my new staves! But also I would like to thank Bjrogg, Straightarrow, Dvshunter, RyanYoon, and Pearl for helping me make my first Stave bow! Dvs and Bj Really taught me how to tiller a bow correctly. I kinda mixed all of their practices into one bow! Also thanks to OsageOutlaw for giving me arrows and RyanYoon for letting me borrow his bow! without them I wouldnt have been able to win the bear across the pond shoot! (and Clint I love the splices on the arrow) I have so many people to thank so i will leave it at that! (for now!)

P.S. I cant seem to find my Tab, Im pretty sure that its around my house but if any of you ran into it I would appreciate it if you would tell me. Its a large, has 3 layers, black calfskin. Thanks!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2019, 05:47:58 pm »
Another great event. Laci and I had a good time. It was great to see everyone again. The weekend went by way too quick. I may have to make it a little longer next year. Laci was already after me to make her a new bow for the next shoot. I guess I better get busy. :BB

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2019, 05:57:09 pm »
First off, Guy I hope your ok we're pullin for ya. Well Cathi and i only got to spend one day this year and it always feels like coming home. It's a great feeling when ya only get 10 feet and your getting a handshake or a big hug from some special people. Loved spending every minute with some of the best folk i've ever met. Ryan R suprised me with a new osage bow, thank you buddy i love it. Thanks to Guy and Mike and everybody that makes this event great.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2019, 07:43:44 pm »
Mike and Ryan it was great to see you both again. Really enjoyed shooting the coarse with everyone. Lots of fun. Only got one picture and it's pretty fuzzy but lot of memories.
Bjrogg

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2019, 07:57:13 pm »
That pic makes me nauseated. But then, so did my shooting.    ::)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #192 on: May 28, 2019, 03:58:20 am »
I hate when that happens Mike. I'm guessing it happens more to me than you.. You'll get em next time Knoll. Hopefully see you at Elm Hall.

Everyone played hard and by the last night even the young ones were tired out
Heck even my little granddog was.
Bjrogg 

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #193 on: May 28, 2019, 04:40:39 am »
I really do want to thank everyone who played a part in making this event what it is. I know the tremendous amount of work I see done is accompanied by a lot more I don't see done. Thanks so much Guy, Matt, Heather, Cindy, Bruce and all the people at Wilder Creek Conservation Club. I know there's names I'm forgetting and I'm sorry but a huge thanks to all. Also to people who donated to the raffle, auction or bid. To everyone who helped with the dinner. It is such a joy to attend this event and I'm already thinking of next year.
I only have a couple more pictures. I need to take some more. I received a bow from Paul. Thanks buddy sure glad I was able to come and get it in person. Really trilled to receive it. I'll try get some pictures soon. It's raining here again and a beautiful 52 for a high with a nice damp breeze off the big lake.
Frank once again made me a offer I couldn't refuse on his leftover staves. I'm thinking I'm might have to start giving classes to get a little help with all this Osage.
Speaking of Osage. Glad I got to see you for the short amount of time I did Clint. I hope you got back in time for your daughters graduation. I know your very proud of her and rightfully so.
Bill I really missed you big guy. I know times are extremely difficult now. I think of you all the time. Until we meet again sir.
Jeb hang in there buddy. It was nice to see you again. Your welcome to visit anytime.
Bjrogg

Offline JEB

« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2019, 06:33:21 am »
Drove down with a couple of friends just to visit everyone. I had one thing that I had to do and that was to look up Pearl and return the selfbow that he gave my wife a couple of years ago.  It was the only bow she would use after receiving it from Pearl. She could shoot lights out with it. Pearl wanted me to keep it and pass it on to one of my grand kids but I insisted that he take it and give it to someone.

I ran into many good friends that had kind words to say about my wife, Pearl, BJ, Matt,Heather, Guy, Steve and Janna, Lost Nation Larry and many more as I walked around. Would have like to say hi to the Outlaw but I didn't run into him. I didn't stay long as I am still having a tough time but these folks and their kind words made the trip worth it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:49:16 am by JEB »