Author Topic: Marshall 2019  (Read 68350 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Marshall 2019
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 04:48:23 am »
He always has staves within arms reach, hence the name and his license plate :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2019, 06:00:33 am »
Keep reading though this thread. I can't wait. Of course it's still to wet to get much farming done and I'm getting further behind every day. Got really close to dry enough to plant sugar beets but not quite. I'm gonna be like DVS. Coming as early as I can and staying as long as I can but won't know when that is till I leave.
Deerhunter21, I promise you. If you come you won't regret it. I can't imagine Clint not having staves. We,d have to give him a new handle that he probably wouldn't like. I know his daughter graduates that weekend so he's planning on arriving Monday and leaving Friday. The only problem with this event is that you will be totally hooked and have to return every year.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline artemis

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 05:55:47 pm »
We got a new dog, a black lab mix that my nephew could no longer take care of.  I'm doing some training with her now and hopefully she won't embarrass me like Dusty did last year.  Dusty will be staying with my sister while we camp.  See you all soon.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 07:07:49 pm »
5 weeks to Marshall!
[/b]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:19:09 am by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2019, 04:42:15 am »
We got a new dog, a black lab mix that my nephew could no longer take care of.  I'm doing some training with her now and hopefully she won't embarrass me like Dusty did last year.  Dusty will be staying with my sister while we camp.  See you all soon.

Sharon, what is this fella's name? Labs are great dogs, even part lab. I'm sure he will do great. Looking forward to seeing you and the gang.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2019, 06:21:27 am »
Suspense is palpable as we wait to learn dog's name.   :)    ;D    >:D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2019, 10:05:18 am »
Had several black labs. Well maybe not purebred but pretty dominant traits. They were all really smart well behaved dogs. They don't like the hot sun in the summer though. They loved  the snow.
Bjrogg

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2019, 10:20:53 am »
We got a new dog, a black lab mix that my nephew could no longer take care of.  I'm doing some training with her now and hopefully, she won't embarrass me like Dusty did last year.  Dusty will be staying with my sister while we camp.  See you all soon.

Labs are great! If you can make it through the puppy stage with one you are home free. ;)  Lost 3 good pair of cowboy boots and a ukulele in the puppy phase once but turned out to be an awesome dog.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2019, 05:27:26 pm »
We've had a lab in our home for the last 20+ years. They are fun & loyal dogs; and destructive for a few years. Looking forward to meeting her Sharon.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2019, 05:40:02 pm »
We got a new dog, a black lab mix that my nephew could no longer take care of.  I'm doing some training with her now and hopefully, she won't embarrass me like Dusty did last year.  Dusty will be staying with my sister while we camp.  See you all soon.

Labs are great! If you can make it through the puppy stage with one you are home free. ;)  Lost 3 good pair of cowboy boots and a ukulele in the puppy phase once but turned out to be an awesome dog.
All labs should be named Chewy
Saw one eat an entire dog house shingles and all !!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2019, 10:39:14 pm »
Bird dogs are supposed to have "soft mouths"!!  Unfortunately, somebody forgot to tell them that!  They are also supposed to be good at "fetching", I.e. Retrieving - that doesn't always work, either!  Labs are smart, most days!  Even when mixed with Border Collies and mentored by an Irish Water Spaniel, who forgot she was supposed to wait for the birds to be shot before retrieving them. Long story!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2019, 03:43:11 am »
Well I'm hoping we're getting rid of our really yecky weather now so we have nice weather coming up. I'm not getting much farming done but I did get a few more things ready for Marshall.
Bjrogg

Offline JEB

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2019, 06:23:37 am »
After seeing some of the names on this thread that may be attending Marshall I am really looking forward to going and "getting away". Pearl understands my issue.   Been a tough month so far and need to see others and just plain get away.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2019, 09:00:08 am »
Jon if you feel like taking a road trip over to the sunrise side I'd be honored to spend some time with you and show you around. Got a spot for you to lay your head. It's nothing near as good as meeting everyone at Marshall, but you have a open invitation.
Bjrogg

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2019, 12:59:12 pm »
After seeing some of the names on this thread that may be attending Marshall I am really looking forward to going and "getting away". Pearl understands my issue.   Been a tough month so far and need to see others and just plain get away.

John we are here for ya buddy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !