Author Topic: Bowaholics Support Thread  (Read 202713 times)

Offline cracker

Re: Bowaholics Support thread
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2008, 06:49:45 pm »
Dear Doc
  We recently had a string of tornadoes in my county this means that there are huge trees everywhere on the ground free for the taking in some cases the owners will even pay me to haul them away I have a huge stash put in a safe place every one wants my wood but theyre not gonne get it.I have planned many bows one of each kind from each species. My wife is banging on the door of my work shop . She says that I have to go to work but I'll fall behind on my build schedule.What should I do? Is this indicitive of a problem? Hold on I have to pop the blisters on my hands. Please help.
Ronnie
The Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2008, 09:26:00 pm »
The men in white suits and butterfly nets will be there shortly cracker :D. Stole that from Hillbilly - hahaha ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2008, 10:02:49 pm »
To the Funny Farm! Where life is beautifull all the time! HEHE HA HA!!!! ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cracker

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2008, 12:26:13 am »
The men in white suits and butterfly nets will be there shortly cracker :D. Stole that from Hillbilly - hahaha ;D..
I'll take my hatchet maybe they have a small tree in the solarium. I can make a hatchet bow. :D :D :D

Offline cracker

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2008, 12:27:50 am »
To the Funny Farm! Where life is beautifull all the time! HEHE HA HA!!!! ;D
Wonder if they teach flemish string making in rehab.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2008, 05:01:53 pm »
 Cracker, Yes you have the disease,,, :o  It's also an advanced case due to the fact that it's affecting work,family and even the nieghbors. :D  In your case it might be best to check into an all out bowaholic event simmilar to the Tenn. classic. We have had some success with giving patients an overdose of bowerys poison, especially when given the pure gold stuff and sometimes the enchanted yew. Though the effects are short lived and the addict ends up craving more in the end, it is at least a temperarry fix. 
  I think you would quallify. Just pick an event close to you and let us know and we'll make sure you get hooked up. ;D

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2008, 05:54:53 pm »
dear doc.

My grandpa is about to put up an electric fence around his shop to keep me out of it. every weekend i hole up in there with my precious red oak and white oak, just rasping, sanding, drawknifeing, bandsawing, and glueing away. im in the early stages of this adiction, yet i feel there is no hope. is there anything i can do to save my self form certian electricution?
lets just shoot it

Offline Keenan

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2008, 07:26:31 pm »
Recurve, grab as much supplies as you can,,, while you can and find a new cave.  >:D >:D Opps sorry the was the craving talking.  Take him along for the journey and ask for some help trying to read the grain. This will help yu step back and pace yourself ::) and at the same time help him to understang the overwelming pull of the wood >:D

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2008, 08:00:05 pm »
thank you keenan. i'll try it.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28:26 pm »
this topic is out of control...i dont have a problem  >:D...i just used the last of my money for gas to go up into the woods to get some wood.now i dont know how i am getting to work this week  ???....what problems are you talking about...i have wood and life is o.k...lol,lol.. john    p.s. if you dont have bow wood that would be a problem   O:)

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2008, 08:52:38 pm »
lol. bucktail, you got it bad, but i have to say i agree. wich is strange, but makes sence cuz i got the bug to.
lets just shoot it

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2008, 09:45:46 pm »
What's up Doc?  ;D Sorry, reverted back to my childhood for a second...is that a symptom? I'm afraid I might have a different strain of bowaholic syndrome...I haven't been working on bows that much lately, but instead have been accumulating vast amounts of river cane for arrow making. I'm straightening cane in my sleep, and day-dreaming of turkey feathers and sinew wrapping. Is this a new strain that may be incurable? Every shot I take with these arrows I'm envisioning a double-lung shot on a deer...is this normal?  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2008, 11:18:19 pm »
I think I have the same thing! Its catchin!!!!! Arrowitis strikes again....
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2008, 12:48:29 am »
 John; your definately hooked Bro; Seek imediate help

Greg The symtoms of reverting back to your childhood are very serious, You could end up slipping back all the way and end up running through the woods in a loin cloth with a spear in your hands.  :o  The day dreams are also an indication that you have come very close to the point of total return. >:D The dillusion of the double lung deer is a fantasy. Though it's harmless for now, it will eventually not fullfill your desires and you will possibly carry out your fantasy in real life ;D

Tiller There are many forms of the disease with multiple names. I've noticed that you seem to be trying it all lately as if searching for the best high. ::)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2008, 04:16:08 am »
Man you guys have it bad, now me I'm completely normal and well adjusted and have accepted my fate ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI