Author Topic: Bowaholics Support Thread  (Read 202723 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Bowaholics Support thread
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 01:09:42 am »
 Ok I fell to temptations again. ::) ::)  My good buddy Juniper Junky was out of town and I had no one to turn to for help.  :oWhen my supplier showed up with a trailer load of premium hazelnut I lost all controll and couldn't help my self.  >:DI know, I know, now I'll have to debark seal and sort and eventially build more bows. ;D I know if the raw materials are roght here in plain view that it's going to be hard to resist but It was free.  :-\I didn't have any chance to run or call for help,,,,heck I was even doing the honey do list at home and the pusher showed up. ;D ;D ;D 
  Thanks guys I feel better now that thats out in the open.   ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 05:05:18 am »
Keenan Id be happy to come take some of that off your hands so your not as tempted to fall off the wagon. ;D Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 08:29:18 am »
 Joel,  ;D You'll just have to come on over when we do our Cnetral Oregon rendavous May 17-18 we are still working out details but things are starting to come together on it. I hope to get some of this prepped out for people to have something to carve on. ;) ;)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 08:36:46 am »
Dang I need a better pusher, mine just foists the low grade junk of on me :o ;) ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 11:05:48 am »
No, I don't have a problem.  I can stop this at any time.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go out to my shop and work on some honey-do's for the wife.  I'll be back in a few hours.   >:D

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline Keenan

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 12:35:09 pm »
   LIAR  LIAR  LIAR ;D ;D ;D  I bet you thought Denial was a river  ;D  I going to tell :P

Offline david w.

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 01:50:44 pm »
Hello my name is David and i am hopelessly addicted to bow building.  i need help ;D

i dont have a honey do list so i can do whats on my list ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 03:11:02 pm »
David the time will come when that young sweet thing will be breathing in your ear and trying to slip the shackle on your finger ,then your life begins
                                                                                  Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline sailordad

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 04:43:22 pm »
               hey david,

just remember what they say,

"man isnt complete untill he's married, then hes finished."
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2008, 09:40:01 pm »
Joel,  ;D You'll just have to come on over when we do our Cnetral Oregon rendavous May 17-18 we are still working out details but things are starting to come together on it. I hope to get some of this prepped out for people to have something to carve on. ;) ;)
Keenan if I can get off work Ill be there. It would be my first P.A. event since I started this addiction. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline DanaM

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 09:57:19 pm »
Got my fix in today cut shafts, split and debarked staves, cooked on da grill had a few beers man I got it badddddddd ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2008, 10:27:43 pm »
Well Dr. Keenan I hope you are taking new clients because I think I got it but not sure. My wife thinks I need help. Last night a good action movie was on and I was on the couch but my bow was behind the couch. She caught me staring back at the bow behind the couch with a blank la la land look on my face instead of watching the movie. Is this a sign of the disease? I also have started looking at all trees and judging there value solely on weather they would make a bow or not. The sad part is if I have it I dont even know if I want the cure.  Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2008, 10:36:53 pm »
Sounds like you got it goin on Dana ;D.
  Jesse-S: Not to wory - at least you weren't stroking your bow while you were watching the movie. You do need intervention now though before your wife takes pictures of you watching the movie with the bow in your lap :-X :D ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2008, 10:54:24 pm »
keenan, you're holdin' out on me!!! >:D "honey do list", my eye...you were just waitin' to get that load of bow wood so you could torture me with it! at least I didnt cave in to temptation and cut some juniper or wild rose arrowshafts while I was camping, nope , I was able to keep it under control, not like some people :D

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 01:59:12 am »
I told you I had honey-do's.  I just finished putting my new wood vise on my work bench.  Wife's been wanting that done for some time now.   8)

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck