Author Topic: Asymmetrical bows and perfect tiller  (Read 7409 times)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: Asymmetrical bows and perfect tiller
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 12:32:32 pm »
Same here. I can spot bad tiller. Hinges, flat spots, weak limbs, etc. I just work to address those issue until they are fixed. Then, how does it shoot?  I think the less experienced we are the more apt we are to reverse those two. See how it shoots , and then address the tiller.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline simk

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 02:10:34 pm »
So with an arrow pass above center, the bow does not function symmetrically.  We know this and make adjustments to the tiller to account for this paradox.  Positive tiller as one example, and the bow no longer functions symmetrically.  But the limb TIMING...is symmetrical.  This after my 3rd cup of Joe this morning.  :)

+ 1 here I once found a (imho) very well made lab experiment about tiller changes regarding nock point and arrowpass position. It really helped me to understand some things a little better...
http://buildyourownbow.com/the-truth-about-bow-balance/?fbclid=IwAR1GHwSP0-ia53vzFRmIPE6IF7LoeDs64o5xlOxNjXp_31fSy1nhfJL9MpA
cheers
--- the queen rules ----

Offline maitus

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 03:08:31 pm »
There is no asymetricaL bow. there is just a tiller. Here i agree with SLIMBOB. how your bow is shooting? The only importante thing by tillering is, the arrow must move strate when You draw the bow. :). No mater if the grip changes the angle when You draw.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 04:25:25 pm »
 (-P
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good