Author Topic: Archery related info binder giveaway...new winner picked last night, 7/21/19  (Read 6312 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Over the years I've collected archery related info from friends, archery magazines and from the internet. Trying to clean out the nest lately so I decided to offer this binder of collected info to someone relatively new to archery and wood bow building. There are articles on bow making, arrow making from commercial shafting, cane or hardwood shoots, making birch bark quivers, making arrow spine tester with arrow spine chart, arrow tapering tool, arrowheads from saw blades and so much more. There are a few rough drafts for PA Magazine articles I or others wrote.
 If you are interested please add your name to this thread. I'll put a number with name and do a drawing at a future date. All I ask is when you're done with this binder of info that you pass it on to someone else that could use the info.
 I'll do the drawing next Sunday evening and contact the winner. At that time you can send me your mailing address in a PM or email.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:31:03 am by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline KHalverson

Re: Archery related info binder giveaway
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 02:33:20 pm »
Pat
good on ya.
that will be a tremendous resource for the right newbie.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 02:43:53 pm »
That was my intentions, Kevin. Lots of good info here, some unpublished anywhere.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 02:45:29 pm »
wow!!!!! What a gift!!!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 03:17:05 pm »
Pat,
Put my name in the hat.  I'm about the oldest (seniorest?) newbie there is! (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 04:21:28 pm »
You'll be #1, Jerry   ;)

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 05:29:01 pm »
OUTSTANDING Pat

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 05:51:34 pm »
That's a fantastic idea Pat.
I would love to receive such a collection of knowledge. I understand if you'd like it to go to someone just starting, but believe me. I know I still have so much to learn. If I'm new enough I'd love to enter.
If I'm not quite what your thinking of I totally understand.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 07:17:45 pm »
You're in, BJ.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 12:59:38 am »
Very cool offer Pat ! Love the picture of Jay Masse - actually got to fondle that Bow a few Years ago  (A) - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 04:17:23 am »
Good on you Pat, way to pass it on. :) Ya I need to clean my nest some also or someday Beau will have the dangest yard sale you have ever seen of stuff most folks don't care a Wit about. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sidmand

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 06:15:02 am »
I'd love to be in on this - I have lurked on this forum for a few years now and learned a lot, but there is always more to learn.  I am up to about 9 or 10 bows if I count the failures, maybe 6 shooters of various level of shootability.  Any help is a blessing
"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." --> Aristotle

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 08:19:34 am »
Sidmand, you're in.

Uncle Bob, I did a reproduction of the Massey Medicine bow a few years back. A member sent me the magazine article about it and lots of detailed info about the bow, all included in this folder.  I have a(supposed to be) Jay Massey bow a friend gave me. No name or other ID marks on it but it's the same style, sinew backed osage with halibut skin covering. A cherished possession. Jay's books, The primitive Archer and the Bowyers Craft were some of my first archery books, both signed to me by Jay.
 Pappy, when we're gone our daughter will be cussing us for sure. Maybe there will be something of value to her.   :o

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 11:04:56 am »
Oh heck ya! put me in!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 01:14:59 pm »
I made a damfool mistake this last spring that could have cost me my life and it left me thinking about the poor suckers that have to deal with the mess I leave behind. 

To that end, I have done some pre-planning and have created a small fund that I try to add to on a monthly basis. I also have a friend that in all likelihood will be my executor.  This person now has my PA login credentials and knows where the mason jar of loot is hidden. Should I bite the dust in an unplanned (and probably ridiculously stupid and darkly funny) way, she is to set up a giveaway/yard sale of stuff including tools, bows, arrows, materials POSTAGE PAID!  For those of you that know me, I can trust you will help guide things to the best of new owners. 

PatB, this just reminds me to get back to "thinning" the herd while I am still around to do it.  This whole spirit of "passing it along" is the best part of our community and posts like this are critical to maintaining that spirit.  Thanks PatB for being one of the leaders in that spirit!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.