Author Topic: the faces we make...  (Read 2680 times)

Offline jeffp51

Re: the faces we make...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 05:18:27 pm »
It's interesting in the picture that the splinters look like they are flying forward-safely away from you. Obviously they also can fly back and cause injury. I wonder what conditions send shards "faceward" and what conditions send shards outward? Is it where the break occurs?  The physics  interest me.

Offline M2A

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 08:12:39 pm »
Dang! Glad all is good in the end. Those are some great action photos!   

Offline bentstick54

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 08:25:21 pm »
Glad you didn’t get hurt. I can only image the looks that would have been on my face if it happened to me. Probably be changing my pants also. 

Offline rps3

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 09:54:54 pm »
Awesome picture sequence. I am just glad you didnt damage that great looking glass door in the process.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:02 am »
   Glad yo didn't get hurt buddy...Sometimes even perfect wood lets go...That look on your face was very entertaining...My wife said what's so funny? I told her it was a "here hold my beer moment"...
                                                                                                              Don

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 09:40:55 am »
Good thing you were wearing those glasses bassman!

I think you're probably right about that top limb BJ  O:)

Yeah Jeff, that is an interesting question. Luckily, whenever one of mine blows, the splinters always fly away from me. Not sure what that says about how I make them, but I've broken my fare share, and that's always the way it goes. In fact,  I've probably developed a false assumption that I'm in less danger than I actually am.  :NN

All is good M2A  :OK Glad you enjoyed the pics.

That's why I never wear nice pants when I make bows 54.  8)

Me too rps3, otherwise my wife would have made sure I didn't come away unscathed.  :-M

Yup Don, got some good laughs looking at these myself. I don't know why my phone takes bursts of photos like that. It used to annoy me, but now I'm glad it does!  :D
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline ohma2

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 01:25:34 pm »
To quote George IF YOU AINT BREAKIN YOU AINT MAKIN.glad you are ok.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 05:32:36 am »
Yep , been there done that, just no pictures. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good