Author Topic: Online get together this weekend  (Read 5952 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Online get together this weekend
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:22:11 pm »
With all the cancelled events not happening, im finding myself with more shop time amd no one to share it with. When our small groups event got cancelled I half mentioned that we can just do a big group text to share what we do in our own shops. I know there are a few others here that probably feel the same way so I thought why not invite everyone? Brob and bring your own food but this weekend, make some shop time, take pictures, make some comments and get some stuff done. I know posting pics is tuff for me and probably some others but I think it would be a cool way for this online community to come together and build bows together.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: Online get together this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 08:28:14 pm »
It sounds like fun Dave... and there's always something to work on.  Like you, it's a pain for me to post pictures, but it can be done.  BYOB... :)   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 08:32:51 pm »
I’m in!  I had already taken the time off so I’m gonna go ahead and use it to get out in the ‘shop’ and get something done for a very welcome change.

OneBow

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 08:33:38 pm »
I’m in . I’m having trouble posting pictures to. Even texting them right now. I’m really missing the getting together. Hope this gets over soon. I don’t get out much and really look forward to seeing my people again. Seeing the latest PA magazine and looking at the pictures from Marshall is great, but it’s making me miss it all the more
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:51 pm »
I'm in Dave join me in that text. Friday and Saturday night I'm almost always out my shop

Offline Handforged

• Limestone Canyon Forge, Monarch MT.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 09:04:54 pm »
Yep, I'm in the shop working most every day. Forge work or bow work most all of the time.
At the forge- 406-781-9098

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 09:08:08 pm »
Thats great guys!

I wasnt going to do a text Paul, rather everyone posting one thread this weekend and stay active in it to involve a larger group.  Make some new friends maybe in times of lockdown. Lol

I'll definitely include you in our group text if you want Patrick and mike texting all the time even at like 3am. Lol
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 09:13:22 pm »
I'm already part of the Michigan/ Indiana /Kentucky group text. I think Missouri boys are funnier though. count me in.
"I dun had a good time!"

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 09:15:47 pm »
I'm not in that one paul! Us missouri boys do have some laughs we let some Arkansas fellas in to.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:19 pm »
I'll group you in. sometimes its annoying but i still love it

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 09:24:19 pm »
I know just what you mean Paul, but even when its 1130 pm amd someone chimes in with ,"ok" or ,"nice," it's still makes you smile.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 09:25:12 pm »
Yep, I'm in the shop working most every day. Forge work or bow work most all of the time.

Well I hope to see you here with pics this weekend.

Offline Salvador 06

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 09:41:22 pm »
We have been busy here in California and I hope you let me join you.
Proudly subscribed to this magazine since 1994

Offline PaSteve

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 10:28:38 pm »
I'm in. Got a few projects in the works.
"It seems so much more obvious with bows than with other matters, that we are the guardians of the prize we seek." Dean Torges

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 11:12:03 pm »
You Yanks will never let me live that down!

I'm in, I could use the shop time a lot. I had a few years there where I made it to most of the events. Then life changed and now I look forward to our small get-togethers more and more. Sure we will miss this weekend... But I'm planning on doing some bow work so I'll try to get some pictures posted.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!