Author Topic: Online get together this weekend  (Read 5756 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Online get together this weekend
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2020, 11:53:39 pm »
I can post pictures of trying sort through 22 years of accumulated stuff trying to figure out what to keep, steel, or scrap!  As well as trying to pretty up the deck!  The spot I cleared in the garage is filling up with boxes of stuff!  I did get a bit of time to shoot a few arrows this afternoon!  Hit the target every time!  Need more exercise, and conditioning!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 11:48:09 am »
Heck why not. I haven’t got my new shop set into place yet so I’ve been building bows on the porch 😂 I can snap a few pics of what I’ve been up to. Looking forward to seeing others projects as well.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2020, 01:44:45 pm »
we should do a target contest. a piece of paper with a 1" dot in the middle. shoot 3 arrows and send a pic with the arrows in the target. we eliminate half at a time moving back 5 yards every time. that might be fun!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2020, 08:14:35 pm »
Russell, that's a good idea to. We have all weekend!

Sounds like we are going to have a good turn out.  It's no classic,  but there will be a lot of us there!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2020, 08:26:12 pm »
I think I can post one I took tonight. Might as well be one of those guys that starts the weekend early.
Bjrogg
PS just a little stiff right mid to outer I think but pretty close.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ksnow

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 06:07:40 am »
Looks pretty good so far BJ. Odd to see one of your bows without those signature hooks on the ends.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 06:18:52 am »
I'll be prepping a few osage billets and building some new arrows for my new bow this weekend. It should be fun seeing dozens and dozens of action pics getting posted all weekend. Big Dave you should start a new thread for this Friday night.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 06:22:18 am »
Looks pretty good so far BJ. Odd to see one of your bows without those signature hooks on the ends.

lol. Kyle it feels weird making one to. I keep wanting to flip the tips. The fella I’m making this one for just wanted straight tips with stiff handle and a shelf. Haven’t done many of those in the past few years.

Bjrogg

PS might need to open the gate before Friday for those early arrivals Dave.

Offline HH~

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 06:55:19 am »
Guess I will bring camera to farm in morning?

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline EdwardS

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 06:01:38 pm »
Been real sick the past few days, if I'm back on my feet I'll drop in.  Been getting the itch to put knife to wood.

Not sure I'll do any shooting, I don't have an eye patch right now (and after my last stroke I'm partially blind, so it helps.)  Depends on how I feel.

But it would be nice to talk to everyone.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 07:12:56 pm »
Be glad to have you Ed!

So I figured out how to post pics, I just have to donit the old fashioned desktop way. Luckily I bought one for my kids and I can stumble through it! I'll post my updates a few times a day. I have a few projects to work on.

Ill start a thread on friday morning I guess even though bj already started!. It would be nice to put faces to names so if you can, maybe a picture of yourself if you can. Except for jw...no one wants to see that. Lol ;D
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2020, 12:13:45 am »
If all goes well, I will have a new shop under contract by Sunday!  Sort of not staying at home, but business is business, and it is a prime property!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2020, 12:16:24 am »
JW,
Only if you post your beer recipe!  >:D (lol). I'm not sure my supply shop is open!  May not be an essential business!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline HH~

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 06:30:28 am »
Everyday is Sat.

Just some work from yesterday. Had a few guys working on bows yesterday. Yella wood was flying.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 08:15:03 am »
That’s what my retired buddies always tell me Shawn. Except for Sunday.

Nice stave Pappy is working on there. When you measure that one do you follow the curves, or as the crow flies.lol

Bjrogg