Author Topic: 1st Tenn. Classic Thunderchert Contest  (Read 27452 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: 1st Tenn. Classic Thunderchert Contest
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 02:08:35 am »
Way to go Cowboy you really pushed through that one :D :D  Did you get that one one your first try  :D
Congratulations you won a  real ringer :D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 10:28:56 am »
Congratulations Cowboy! From all the straining and grunting you put into the fabrication of that fine piece of ...thunderchert, you are well deserving! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline RG

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 12:18:22 pm »
Nice one Cowboy! Where was I when they gave out the award? Dang! Missed out on another great photo op!!!  ;D  Yep, he made a real nice one. Must come from working the hard stuff down in TX. Man that was hard to work stuff!

David T

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 12:46:42 pm »
Well - that's a little embarasking ;D. Thanks ya'll! Yep, that was some fine material - it was from the tank (not the bowl) and I heard that the seat had been sterilized outside for a few years (I hope :-X). I put my mark on the seat (with a pen :D) and hung it up inside the knapping area - so the next victor can pass on the tradition ;)..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

pugpen

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008, 01:11:07 pm »
Cowboy, you're a real good sport. You'll get a lot of ribbin' over that trophy. I think you ought to at leas carry a picture of the trophy ceremony with you to show all your compadres at work. I'm sure they wouldn't say anything derrogatory.Ha!
pugpen

Offline cowboy

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 01:45:23 pm »
I kept the half of the tank that didn't get knapped with everyone's signature on it - that will find an honorable spot in my rock house at home :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 03:17:49 pm »
And he wasn't to pooped to party afterwards either ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 04:31:28 pm »
Nice work Cowboy. By the way the ol lady took the littly yellow one you gave me at the Classic, she said that I wasn't worthy of owning such a nice piece of art.
Thanks and nice meeting you hope to see you next year.
Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 04:43:35 pm »
Here are a few pics I took ........

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dingleberry

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 07:15:55 pm »
Well done cowboy and other successful contestants.  I must say that Hillbilly and I had a "crap of a time" gettin a point not to break. ;D    perhaps this should become an annual tradition at the classic!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 10:24:08 pm »
  Way to go Cowboy, your family will be proud of ya' ;D I hated to miss out on it ,but I was in the John when ya'll started.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 11:15:17 pm »
Now that's a really embarasking pic there Pat - you know I probably shoulda grabbed the trophy and run fer tha hills before the paparatzi got wind of the situation, never seen so many flashes goin off in my life ;D.
 You'll have to sneak in there and get that point back Cracker, it was intended ta kill a deer ;D. If she don't give it back just let me know - I think all that Hickory you gave me is worth at least a half dozen huntin points, I really appreciated that :).
 I hope the tradition carries on Jonathan - that toilet seat will get lonely hanging there with only one signature on it. You need to be signing it next year ;). I really thought that Hillbilly's point should have won - It takes a lot of time and perserverance to make a point that small from a big rock ;D..

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 11:20:59 pm »
  Ron, I could send Cowboy some more of that yeller rock.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2008, 08:57:29 am »
Great fun on this and made the club some money,Thanks to all.Cowboy signed it and I have it hanging over the napping area till next year.
    Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 07:34:37 am »
Got the heads back,Jeffery ,the guy that bought them at the auction gave them back to me and wants to put them in a shadow box and display them at the club,with the dates and winners
on it.I thought that was a great idea.He said he don't know why he bought them,just got caught up in the moment,that is what an auction will do for you. ;) ;D Anyway they have came back home and that is where they will stay on the wall for all to see.Thanks to all of you that participated in it
it was a lot of fun just watching and listening to all the bull.  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good