Author Topic: SMALL GAME ARROW HEADS  (Read 34067 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Re: SMALL GAME ARROW HEADS
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 01:02:40 am »
O.K. this is how you make this head......

but first let me tell you how this head came about.

The first mongoose I killed was with a Judo, the head made a bloody mess of the poor critter and didn't even killed it.

than I started using all kinds of different points, the Adder behind a field point, blunt broadheads, tiger claw, and Judo again, ...now the mongoose is a tougth little bugger and they took all my arrows down the holes with them, I was hitting lots of them but never retriving one.

than I tried HTM blunts and 3/8" hex heads, and bingo, I was killing them on the spot, the only problem was that when I missed most of the time was a lost arrow.

I had this blunts at the house that had real bad flight caratteristics so i naver used them, one day i was looking at one, and I saw it, like when you look at a tree and see the bow inside.

So the TARANTULA was born, this head has all the best caratteristics for a small game stumping head in one, the desing slows it down in flight as well, almost working as a flu flu.

It's unbreackable, cheap, and very easy on wood shafting.

Now get one of this blunts from 3RIVERS

with an exacto knife cut out the pie shaped wedges

and bingo you have the TARANTULA, mach it in weight to your broadheads like a showed before (can't do that with Judo)...you can evendrive a nail thru the middle before putting the head over the blunt/ 38 casing,...now thats flexibility ;)

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 01:10:47 am »
Thats ingenuity is what that is Manny....and I am going to run and Patent it tomorrow!!!!! Not!!!! But I am going to get me a few of them....and get rid of these Feral Cats around here once and for all!!  I have Live trapped 8 in the last week...and now the Pound don't even want Me to bring anymore to them....what the Heck are they there for???  Thanks for the Look See....and I will let you know if they work as good on Ferals as they do on Mongooses... I hate to Shoot what I wont eat....but they are causing damage like a herd of Feral Hogs....killing all of my Garden ...and even my Shrubs......Wholly-Whuh
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 06:52:19 am »
You'll like this guys, espetially if you have rocky terrain, they save a lot of shafts
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline DanaM

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2008, 09:24:28 am »
Thanks for sharing Manny, I have a feeling 3 rivers is going to have a run on these babies :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2008, 10:07:24 pm »
yup. defenently a good bunie buster. did someone say  you can make points from boo? if so, how?
lets just shoot it

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2008, 08:19:00 am »
Yep, archers all around the country have being trying this head, and I had great feedbacks, all kind of critters have being killed.
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

gene roberts

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2008, 06:26:16 pm »
I don't bow hunt them.I love squirrel though.Eat them in dumplings or with biscuits and gravy.UMMMM

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:28 pm »
Time you start bowhunting them then ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:00:20 pm by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 08:12:14 pm »
i jist wonder the posted woods behind my house with my longbow and stick anything in season. people are stupid enough today that if someone sees me all i got to do is drop my quiver and unstring the bow
(an elb) and say its a walkin stick and i was just out lookin around. O:)
lets just shoot it

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 05:08:07 pm »
Rigth on . ...thats the real pirate spirit ;D ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Donavan269

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 05:07:11 pm »
 :P Ahhhh...Squirrel stew. With thick gravy, potatoes, carrots, and onions, served with hot sourdough biscuits and a good bottle of port wine. My mouth is watering already. :P
    A friend of mine uses a system that I thought I might add. He take a field point and solders a heavy flat washer to it just in back of the bodkin area. This allows good penetration as well as a good bit of shock power. This point work really good on 'larger' smallgame such as rabbits or what we call foolhens, Mountain Grouse, but not so good on 'smaller' smallgame like squirrels. 
    I'm going to give Nomadic Pirate's blunt point a try as my friend points do too much damage on squirrel size game. Thanks for sharing this blunt tip with us Nomadic Pirate. I do have one question for Nomadic Pirate though. What is the name on the original blunt tip that you buy from3RIVERS?? OR will they have a picture of it when I go to order it so that I might be able to identify it.

Thanks& good hunting, Donavan   

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 05:20:22 am »
Donovan, they are called "Bludgeon small game blunt"
page 75

You'll enjoy them, I gurante it...... Glad you're open minded and will try them
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII