Author Topic: Julia Rose's Bow  (Read 12241 times)

Offline RG

Re: Julia Rose's Bow
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 09:30:11 pm »
Great job sir she sure was proud of it

Ron

Offline BigWapiti

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 11:02:27 pm »
Now that IS what its all about.

I always knew it wasn't the hokey pokey!
Mike B.
Central Washington State
"Take a kid hunting, it'll make a WORLD of difference" -me

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 11:11:30 pm »
  Yep, that was cool when you gave it to her and watching that smile spread across that cute freckled face.  And I thought I was the only one with a hoarse throat, ya' reckon it was from talking or all the Osage dust? Or heaven's no not the June Bug. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 11:17:28 pm »
Ha ha - I gotta try one of those high steppin pickled june bugs one of these days ;D. I just ain't got hungry enough yet ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 11:39:13 pm »
I ate one a year or two ago for $5 ;D  Wasn't too bad, the legs stick your tongue a little, but I've tasted worse.
  I really enjoyed meeting Dana, Cowboy, Jessie, Koan, Auggie, Dirty Dan, Chuck, D. Tiller and that wild man with the dog hair hat! and several who's names have escaped me as well as seeing some old friends.  My only regret is not being there a few days earlier and spending more time with them. HIGH QUALITY PEOPLE, everyone of them.
  I still smell the smoke from the campfire and still have a hint of a headache from drinking that "spring water" >:D but it was all worth it.
 Dana, Cowboy and Mullet, be very careful with that stuff. A little goes a loooong way ;)
  Ryano gave me a nice little stave he had already roughed out, I hope I can make him proud with it.   Saw Filer   
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 12:08:09 am »
Thanks Shannon - don't worry about that mineral water. It'll be put to good use - slowly ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 12:22:48 am »
Beautiful job on that bow Dana. Great pics and awsome gesture and gift. Yep pretty worn from the trip but worth it many times over. Chears to the twin oaks crew and all of my newly met family.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 12:30:31 am »
Kenneth, good to see you survived the rigors of air travel - hope you stuff arrived with ya this time :).

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 12:55:51 am »
Glad to see people making it home ok!  It was great to meet every one.  Kenneth you, DTiller and Old Bow had a pretty long way to travel.  Glad to see you made it ok.
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 10:01:05 am »
Dana, that's a great bow...I got to see it up close and it's really nice...just like its creator. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 10:55:12 am »
Shannon I promise to use the Arno's #1 only medicinally ;) ;D Ya it was fun wasn't it eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 01:25:13 pm »
Great jester Dana,you aren't near as bad a guy in person as I thought you would be ;D ;D ;),by the way thanks for the lic. plate got it right over the napping area,looks cool.Mighty fine bow also I know she will enjoy that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gordon

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 03:37:10 pm »
Some really nice lines on that bow Dana. I particularly like the tips and the handle. What a great gift.
Gordon

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 01:35:36 am »
Pretty nice of you, Dana.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Dingleberry

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 01:46:20 am »
What a nice yooper. ;)