Author Topic: A post about Facebook restrictions  (Read 6903 times)

Offline sleek

Re: A post about Facebook restrictions
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 05:33:11 pm »
Yep me also Paul, no worries on my part if it all goes away but I know a lot that live on it. O well as Sleek said, i have been around here a long time and can see this thread not going well, so keep it nice guys. I know everyone has their own thoughts on these issues but they just won't be allowed here. Have a great day. ;)
 Pappy

Yeah, I wasn't trying to go political  just letting people know its happening and wondering if anyone else has had it happen to them too.  Also since a lot of folks here are members of Facebook archery groups, this does concern them as well.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline HH~

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 07:05:40 pm »
Twitter lost about 85 million followers when the dropped the President. Like a domino effect . Once that happened folks cut their accounts off.

FB and the like are all Google Army product warriors. Better than letting Heawai in here from China i guess but not much.

Word is Elon will help launch The Patriot News Network. If the IPO goes public i will buy 1000 shares 1st day.

Shawn
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 07:32:12 pm »
Twitter lost about 85 million followers when the dropped the President.

Can you point to where you got that number from?

Mark

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 07:33:52 pm »
Keep in mind what happened to Parlor.  For standing up for free speech, the billion dollar company was wrecked and their CEO is in hiding.  I support free speech, but from a business prospective I'm glad I didn't have money invested in it. 

Sun Tzu outlined a strategy for infiltrating and subduing a nation with subterfuge and minimal force; basically working from the inside out 'so attacking is only a formality' if I remember correctly.  I have a feeling that strategy is being used against us :-\; the technocracy is not helping.

Don't worry Pappy, we're not talking about politics, we're just talking about those behind the politics >:D ;D

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 05:55:53 am »
I am in favor of the free expression of opinion.
But I am against the spreading of untruths under the guise of free speech.
Politicians, extremists, fraudsters, conspiracy believers, etc. have had a very easy time spreading their opinions (even if they are far from the truth) on social media channels. In the meantime, some content is being censored in this regard. Sure, you can say that companies follow the pressure of people who are against free speech, but don't they just follow the majority, because companies are part of the economic process and with the majority behind them the most money can be made. The most widely used platforms all come from the US. The biggest tech companies originated there. The companies, especially the social media companies, just show us how capitalism works in pure culture with modern means.
They fight against each other for economic power and success, and the users are their cannon fodder...
In my eyes, this has never been a truly free expression of opinion, but the users have been exploited and even more so when demagogues, extremists and other frauds have abused these platforms for their own purposes.

If you don't want that, then you shouldn't take part in this circus.

Offline HH~

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2021, 06:11:46 am »
Kind of correct.

The problem with stuff like WhatsApp and FB they have no keepers, no regulators. USA built the World Wide Web maybe we should just tax everyone in the World who logs on to it that does not have an IP in the USA. Then, let the Space Force in Huntsville be the new Regulators in Chief of it.

Pay up or Shut er down. See what rest of world will do then.

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline HH~

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2021, 06:44:14 am »
The largest Big Tech issue is Constitutional Privacy of the Citizen.

Athough the FBI may not have the right to dig up your background unless they have cause BUT. . . . . they can differ to their Big Tech friends and they can them do it for them and they have and they are right now!!!!!

Who do you think is vetting the Soldiers in WA DC right now? Not FBI, they have admitted they can not do 25K troop vets in time. Who do you think they will turn to. . . . ? Yep, The Google Army! None of which is legal for the GVt to use.

HH~

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 07:59:00 am »
They have to vet the troops for this?  Isn't it enough that they have been accepted into the armed forces and taken an oath?  If this becomes a pattern the army will be composed of only the politically correct :o

Offline HH~

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 08:29:23 am »
US Army now is being vetted for insider threats so says FBI. But the cant do the Vetting for all so you know they will turn to Twitter Men.

More BIG TECH BS that almost 99% of the nation does not know. . . .

Your states make investment into BIG Tech in many ways. The invest Taxpayer funds into them. Well, that's about to come to screeching halt in sates like Texas and Tenn. We in Tenn are going to force our state to Divest all intrests in these Big Spy Ops. Great news. Our national radio station out of Nashville has been leading the way for folks to cancel all Twitt, FB, Google Army Products and well as Amazone and others.

Dont get caught by Memory Hole Cops.

HH~

Offline sleek

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2021, 07:25:41 pm »
Well, for some reason, immediately after the inauguration i am free to post on Facebook again as I was before. What a weird occurrence.

I'll stop there.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 06:02:27 am »
Did you try right before?

Offline sleek

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 07:24:27 am »
I had tried around noon.

Offline HH~

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 07:37:31 am »
Yeah, I bet. I had to dump some stuff on my fone and on computer. WhatsApp, should got that FB product gone a lone time ago. I have Signal now for encrypted coms now. No Google Army collecting on me thru that crap.

Never had any Social Dis-Media ever. Could see what we have now coming since 1996-97. I use to laugh at folks all getting hemmed up thru FB by GVT. Was not hard to see that they would partner with GVT when they wanted and tell them to pound sand when they wished as well.
Apple (sell phone cracking of dirtbaggers).

Bunch of us were talking at TO when Bomber blew the crap out of 2nd Ave on Christmas morning. AT&T service went down for about a 250 mile radius here. After one day the Weak of Heart lost their minds. We had folks who could not get on FB or Twittville and we going into ER for Meds!!! LMFAO... We all were.

Wait til Amazon starts the GOOGLE/AMAZON Unmaaned Air Force! Flying UAV's in your Privtae Airspace. I checked my Deed (have a heaven to Hell). You know what that means.

Where's the PA print copy anyone know????

Shawn~

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2021, 02:41:41 am »
I am in favor of the free expression of opinion.
But I am against the spreading of untruths under the guise of free speech.
Politicians, extremists, fraudsters, conspiracy believers, etc. have had a very easy time spreading their opinions (even if they are far from the truth) on social media channels. In the meantime, some content is being censored in this regard. Sure, you can say that companies follow the pressure of people who are against free speech, but don't they just follow the majority, because companies are part of the economic process and with the majority behind them the most money can be made. The most widely used platforms all come from the US. The biggest tech companies originated there. The companies, especially the social media companies, just show us how capitalism works in pure culture with modern means.
They fight against each other for economic power and success, and the users are their cannon fodder...
In my eyes, this has never been a truly free expression of opinion, but the users have been exploited and even more so when demagogues, extremists and other frauds have abused these platforms for their own purposes.

If you don't want that, then you shouldn't take part in this circus.

+1   :OK

Twitter lost about 85 million followers when the dropped the President.

US active twitter users are little less than 70 millions.
Outside US the ban did not raised much dust.
it's pretty unlikely that 85 millions of highly addicted social users dropped their drug

Offline HH~

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2021, 07:32:26 am »
Woke Orthadoxy is a powerful stick in the vein! Rupert Murdoch had it exactly right this week!

I think the Big tech will get it hard when we change section 230 and the Anti Trust breakups start. You'll hear the loudest squeal in history. USA built the WWW and we will now regulate it after BiG Tech Monkee abuses.

Yer right, for most the Social Media addiction. Like getting dogs hooked on Pot treats for their aches and pains. Geeez Louise.

HH~