Author Topic: A post about Facebook restrictions  (Read 7095 times)

Offline Fox

Re: A post about Facebook restrictions
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2021, 11:37:40 am »
I am in favor of the free expression of opinion.
But I am against the spreading of untruths under the guise of free speech.
Politicians, extremists, fraudsters, conspiracy believers, etc. have had a very easy time spreading their opinions (even if they are far from the truth) on social media channels. In the meantime, some content is being censored in this regard. Sure, you can say that companies follow the pressure of people who are against free speech, but don't they just follow the majority, because companies are part of the economic process and with the majority behind them the most money can be made. The most widely used platforms all come from the US. The biggest tech companies originated there. The companies, especially the social media companies, just show us how capitalism works in pure culture with modern means.
They fight against each other for economic power and success, and the users are their cannon fodder...
In my eyes, this has never been a truly free expression of opinion, but the users have been exploited and even more so when demagogues, extremists and other frauds have abused these platforms for their own purposes.

If you don't want that, then you shouldn't take part in this circus.

+2
Why must we make simple things so complicated?

Offline Araliane

Re: A post about Facebook restrictions
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2022, 10:57:46 am »
I'm hoping Meta goes down the drain. They rely on lazy, lousy AI upset by single words rather than humans lighting fires by expressing they approve of NSFW drawings of minors. You would report people like this, and Facebook or Famoid for Instagram followers would not consider it a problem. But you insult the person for discussing such things, and you can't say that! So, again, yeah. A person who approves of NSFW drawings of minors irritated me; I called them horrible, and Facebook blocked me for 5 days after digging up something I said a year ago. Isn't that a great knee-slapper?