Author Topic: Mojam?  (Read 39337 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Mojam?
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2021, 02:17:54 am »
Dave,
I will start a wild one tomorrow- it should be ready by next Tuesday!

Neal,
Thanks!
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2021, 07:48:21 am »
Thanks Jerry!!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2021, 11:15:14 am »
I hope to be in on Monday.
Sue's coming on Wednesday and should be bringing a buttermilk pie for the fish fry. :)

Offline Allyn T

• I'm addicted to information
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2021, 12:07:31 pm »
So should I bring rock, bow blanks, staves, and tools or what's a good recommendation for my first time?
In the woods I find my peace

Offline gifford

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2021, 03:33:41 pm »
jerry - it's open M-F 0930 to 1630, G

Offline Patches

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2021, 06:07:11 pm »
Jerry, I went by Sierra and the retail shop is open.  I think Gifford posted the hours.

Allyn, all I can say is if you think you might work on it, bring it and the tools to work on it with.  I usually bring way too much stuff and never use 3/4 of it.  If you have a stave horse or work bench you may want to bring it.  Bring you some food, there will be some food for sale Friday and Saturday (gravy and biscuits, hot dogs, and maybe burgers).  If there is anything you may want to trade, bring it.  If you are looking to trade for something or acquire something, just ask around.  You can get most anything you need for bow making and anything that goes with it.  This list is kinda vague but you never know what direction your trip is going to take.  I went to the Tennessee Classic once with all my bow making material and ended up knapping the whole time.

Neal   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Allyn T

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2021, 08:38:28 pm »
Jerry, I went by Sierra and the retail shop is open.  I think Gifford posted the hours.

Allyn, all I can say is if you think you might work on it, bring it and the tools to work on it with.  I usually bring way too much stuff and never use 3/4 of it.  If you have a stave horse or work bench you may want to bring it.  Bring you some food, there will be some food for sale Friday and Saturday (gravy and biscuits, hot dogs, and maybe burgers).  If there is anything you may want to trade, bring it.  If you are looking to trade for something or acquire something, just ask around.  You can get most anything you need for bow making and anything that goes with it.  This list is kinda vague but you never know what direction your trip is going to take.  I went to the Tennessee Classic once with all my bow making material and ended up knapping the whole time.

Neal

I am really into knapping right now and I feel like that's where my focus is gonna be. I love the stuff

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2021, 02:43:15 am »
Neal,
Great, I need to get down there Wednesday- getting short in the modern stuff!

Allyn,
You still want an orientation on flintlocks and arrows?
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Allyn T

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2021, 07:08:34 am »
Neal,
Great, I need to get down there Wednesday- getting short in the modern stuff!

Allyn,
You still want an orientation on flintlocks and arrows?
Hawkdancer

Arrows yes flintlock maybe

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2021, 09:12:38 am »
I was really hoping to make it but I’m doubtful I can. Wheat harvest is coming as soon as it quits raining.

I’m really missing everyone and I’m still really bummed that Marshall Michigan meet was cancelled two years in a row.

Allen, I haven’t been to MOJAM. If it’s anything like Our Michigan meet. Bring some spending money or trade stuff. My first meet I went home wishing I would’ve brought more stuff home. I’m not a big spender, but our meet is a great place to get supplies you need. Reasonably priced and no shipping cost. You get to see the stuff and talk to the people.

Have fun.

I’ll be thinking of you guys

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Allyn T

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2021, 10:15:16 am »
I am really excited to talk to people and meet folks from here face to face.

Offline mobow

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2021, 04:27:20 pm »
Dave, Robin will have the gate open Early morning Saturday.  I’m leaving for Denver in about 30 minutes.  Will be back Tuesday.  Everyone drive safe and see you soon.  Keith

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2021, 09:51:18 am »
Good to hear people fired up about Mo Jam.I should be there by friday for sure.I'll pitch a tent and squeeze in somewhere.Might change my mind though and get things in good order here better before and get there on a wednesday for that fish fry.It's the best!!!sBringing lots of trade stuff.I love trading and meeting different people and shooting the old true stick and string.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2021, 10:13:37 am »
I hope you do make it early ed. I'm packing the truck tonight!!!!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline gifford

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2021, 04:34:21 pm »
Yep, we're in the throes of MoJAM fever. Loading the Silver Streak slowly and methodically instead of raising the back end and heaving it in at last minute. lol.