Author Topic: S.O.B.  (Read 6459 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: S.O.B.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2021, 12:35:27 pm »
I'll have a Highland Brewing Gaelic Ale or a Sierra Nevada Momma's little yellow pils.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2021, 02:22:10 pm »
WB,
Try 90 Shilling from O'Dells and Saddle Bronc from Blacktooth (Sheridan?). Also need to try my Irish Red sometime!
Hawkdancer

Saddle Bronc is OK, and I like Irish Reds.  I'd be happy to help you free up a bottle or two if we ever manage to get to the same place at the same time.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2021, 03:08:28 pm »
Pat,
Where is the Highland Gaelic brewed?  Oskar Blue's make a good Li'l Yellow Pils, Longmont, CO, too.

Thomas,
It's a deal!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2021, 05:33:53 pm »
Gaelic ale is brewed in Asheville, NC. They have been in business for 35 years. You are right about Oscar Blues, Jerry but they also have a new brewery here in Brevard, NC that opened about 5 or so years ago. Sierra Nevada, also a Colorado brewery has a beautiful new brewery near Asheville, NC. My wife and I met a friend from Savannah there a few weeks ago. I haven't seen John for over 40 years when we met him there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2021, 01:46:01 am »
Wow! Old home week!  When you get to Colorado, check out Big Beaver in Loveland, my friend bought it last year, just as the lockdown hit, but has managed to pull through!!   
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2021, 01:55:40 am »
Beer is a good respite from our recent troubles. If his beer is good, he should do fine. We probably have a dozen micro breweries in or near Brevard and Asheville has more. Most have done pretty well so far.

Offline JEB

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2021, 12:37:35 pm »

SOB

For a minute I thought you were going to say you got screwed by the same guy that screwed me on a feather grinder deal on here. Glad it didn't happen and that it is about beer. But it wouldn't have surprised me.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2021, 04:03:26 pm »
Pat,  that is one thing I miss about Loveland - Ft. Collins!  There are at least 20 micro brewing operations, not counting New Belgium and O'Dells, and more if you include Longmont-Boulder.  I think I am the microbrewery here in Chappell! (lol)
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline TimBo

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2021, 10:54:46 pm »
I second the 90 Shilling recommendation - that's my longtime favorite.

Offline Gimlis Ghost

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2021, 01:23:11 am »
I'll have a Highland Brewing Gaelic Ale or a Sierra Nevada Momma's little yellow pils.   :OK

I suspect the name is a play on the old 1960's term for Valium, also known as Mother's little helpers.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2021, 08:38:30 am »
That's it, Glmlls

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2021, 07:56:35 pm »
I plan on boiling up a batch for the fermenter this Wednesday. I think I am going to try a kolsch using a Kveik yeast.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 01:59:18 pm »
During the presidential campaign, the local brewery made a seasonal beer called "Alternative Facts IPA."  The description went something like, "This is a great beer, a great beer.  Everybody that's tried it says so.  We have hops, the best hops.  And great malt.  Just fantastic.  Nobody has better malt than we do."

(Sorry if this is too political.  I thought it was funny)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline sleek

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2021, 02:15:17 pm »
During the presidential campaign, the local brewery made a seasonal beer called "Alternative Facts IPA."  The description went something like, "This is a great beer, a great beer.  Everybody that's tried it says so.  We have hops, the best hops.  And great malt.  Just fantastic.  Nobody has better malt than we do."

Nah, that's just a joke  and works for both sides. I laughed, id drink it :)
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2021, 08:50:51 pm »

Nah, that's just a joke  and works for both sides. I laughed, id drink it :)

Not me. I burned out on overhopped beers 25 years ago.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.