Author Topic: Wild apple bow design ?  (Read 5582 times)

Offline freke

Re: Wild apple bow design ?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 01:07:12 pm »
it looks good. A full draw picture would be great

A picture on the way to full draw, missing a inch or two , must admit I scratch my head should it looks like this:)
It its a mild reflex/deflexed and I find those difficult to tiller and in this case upper limb is more reflex and wonkier so I had a hard time on this one, and I would be surprised if its done:)

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 01:28:40 pm »
I find it hard to see proper tiller with R/D style bows too.
 The top limb looks like how most R/D bows look but I prefer the nice even bend of the bottom limb. Very nice apple wood bow anyway.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 02:09:47 pm »
just try to keep taper even on top limb,,depending on how the bow is shooting,,,arrow flight,, the top limb might be a bit stiff,,,, just guessing cause the photo does not always give enough info to make that call,,but the way the bow shoots will

Offline freke

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2023, 04:02:00 pm »
just try to keep taper even on top limb,,depending on how the bow is shooting,,,arrow flight,, the top limb might be a bit stiff,,,, just guessing cause the photo does not always give enough info to make that call,,but the way the bow shoots will
upper limb has been the big challenge, it shoot pretty good and it actually bend more than it looks due to the reflex but the outer third have I had my doubts about, and the static area is slightly thick and can be lighten some  - I will have a look at it in the weekend and recheck tiller.