Main Discussion Area > Muzzleloaders

So it begins, the Tn. bear pistol

(1/2) > >>

Eric Krewson:
I have never built a pistol; I decided my last build should be one but I didn't want to build something ordinary. I am from TN, I looked at a variety of southern pistols and settled on a TN bear pistol, something I could hunt deer with. I wanted the pistol to be a completely scratch build, I planned to do everything including forging the mounts which would include the trigger guard, nose cap, ramrod pipes, trigger and such.

I bought this stock blank for my project as well as a Kibler lock. Looks like I am not going to need this stock blank.

I ordered a barrel a year and a half ago but the maker had issues and got behind, no barrel was forthcoming.

I started looking for alternatives; a nice guy on the ALR board offered me his just started bear pistol project at a very fair price, he said he didn't have time to finish it. The barrel and stock came in yesterday.

The barrel is a Rayle swamped 15'" barrel in in .54. The barrel was inletted perfectly into the stock my Mark Weader, he drilled the ramrod hole as well.

This is going to be a winter project, a very long winter project.

Here is the original I will be trying to replicate but not too closely.

Mike Yancey:
I like it!

Buckskinner:
Looking forward to this one... Might get me to do one also. 

Is that the new CNC Ketland?

Eric Krewson:
Yep, the CNC model.

GlisGlis:
the original is awesome and I'm in love with the holster too  :-M
will follow for sure  (-P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version