Author Topic: TEASE!!! Cherry Bark Backed Osage Recurve  (Read 14443 times)

330bull

Re: TEASE!!! Cherry Bark Backed Osage Recurve
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 11:21:36 pm »
That's some good looking stuff man!!!

I wish I had the guts to leave the lichen on; that purple skin looks soooo good against yellow Osage! 

I'm so stoked to see some folks building bows with cherry bark!  If you want some more, you know where to get it!

Awesome bow!!!!

Joe

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 11:41:30 pm »
Joe, I will do another with the lichens removed but this looked so cool I had to try it. It may peel off this weekend at the powder creek shoot but I had to try. 8) Thanks for the bark. I have been contemplating a few other projects. You might get a PM from me soon. ;)
  Thanks Rick and Don. ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2008, 03:50:51 am »

hey pat!  -  cool bow!!!
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2008, 12:32:37 am »
Thanks Frank.
I came to the conclusion this weekend that even though she feels dry, she is not ready for the stresses on being strung for a few hours at a time. I was at the Powder Creek shoot this weekend and yesterday I shot 20 3D targets with Tina, Steve(Hillbilly) and Cody Parker and Barry McCall and his daughter Emily. After the round, when I unbraced her she had taken a bit of set. After relaxing for a few hours she was back almost where she started. I decided to set her aside and let her "cure" for a while more. I may or may not hunt with this bow this fall. We'll just have to see. After all, the tree she came from was cut May 8, 2008.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:16 am »
   Hows life in Germany these days?       Pat

i finally got back to shooting a bit.  my wife lets me go to one tournament a month (if i'm good the rest of the time  ;D)  i basically have to relearn everything.  my shooting is worse then last year at the classic (if that's even possible) but it's gradually coming back, thanks to "two deer" who's my permanent companion nowadays, along with the signature bow.  signature has developed a bad habit.  it vibrates very unpleasantly with light arrows.  haven't found a cure yet, other than shooting heavy arrows  ;D

sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, but since you asked.... >:D