Author Topic: Anyone getting ready for deer season?  (Read 14653 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: Anyone getting ready for deer season?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2008, 12:19:36 pm »
A bow or gun kill Justin? congrads either way.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 02:36:23 pm »
  Congratulations Justin! I went hog hunting yesterday but all I got was 5 rabbits and two racoons. It is just too hot for hogs in the daylight. And I've never been covered up in mosquitos like yesterday.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 04:05:14 pm »
Ryan, it was a an either weapon hunt, but it was a depredation hunt in hayfields inside city limits so only bows can be used. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

jamie

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 10:57:48 am »
i made 9 arras. at 25 yards they hit within 4" of each other from any of the 3 bows i plan on shooting this year. yup im ready. been scoutin since march ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 11:33:56 am »
Congrats Justin,yep I pretty much stay ready.Just need to check out a few stands. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 12:22:06 am »
I guess all I need to do is throw some gear together and get it to fit into my back pack, I have a good bow and some good arrows, and a special spot to head to. Hope they are home. our season starts Aug 30.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 12:42:56 am »
Kenneth, When you punch that rib cage, remember me! ;) ...and I'll have a double order of chicken fried elk backstrap, pasta Alfredo a cigar and a shot of Black Velvet! 8) 8) 8)
   Wish I could be with you in your secret spot.      Pat

ps. tell Kathie she is in my thoughts.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 05:35:27 am »
I would like to retract my previous statement.  The bows and arrows have been ready, but I am aquiring some bamboo in a trade, so I will absolutely have to make some new arrows with some 175 to 200 grain trade points.  I just have to. 

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 08:16:43 am »
I put up a stand yesterday, and have one additional to go behind my house. I've set a couple of cedar trees in front of the tree my stands will be in for cover. They were a little open last year after the leave's had dropped. Also did some shooting with my cane arrows.

Saturday after our club shoot, I think we're going to put up stands at another farm I hunt on. ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:10:23 pm by GregB »
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline TRACY

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 10:23:16 am »
Plan on having cane and osage ready for Oct. 1. I keep staring at my EMPTY chest freezer for motivation ;). Good luck to all this season!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 10:47:51 am »
Here is the stand I put up yesterday. It is about 200 yards from my house so that makes it convenient. Also, Bucky(Flossy) is ready to do his(her) part this season.  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 12:19:58 am »
 whew! that looks like a long shot ,Pat.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 12:32:42 am »
Its inside 15 yards. From that tree I can shoot 3 directions out to maybe 20 yards. Mostly closer...nothing beyond 20.

Offline Little John

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 09:57:43 pm »
Pat would give any thing if you could be here. You are the best partner ever and It will not be the same hunting and camping alone. If we were on that mountain we could have all those good times more. I am going to pack in an ultra lite camp and set it up at the Dr's camp and hunt from there, at least the first week end. I am also going to use  a decoy at my stand site (ground blind) elk scent, and really try to minimise human scent. I had several near close encounters last  year so If I can just not screw up. I will definatly have those chicken fiied steaks and shot of canadian for supper and get you off a box of steak for you and Marcia. Hunt good hang in there.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 01:24:29 am »
Kenneth, you know where I'd like to be at the end of this month. Drs camp would be a nice change.
   I'll be with you in spirit!  ;)    Pat