Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 419597 times)

Offline cracker

Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #975 on: April 17, 2009, 08:32:48 am »
I'm hoping my Tuesday evening start of the Classic timeframe for me isn't pushed back some. I've got a project coming up that is being pushed by upper management that doesn't know or care what it takes in time to accomplish work. The Product Engineering team has worked on it for months, and when they have their work done I've been asked to implement it to production in days, I don't know for sure the timing yet...I guess in these times one should feel fortunate to have a job, but sometimes...okay, enough venting.
For what it may be worth I feel your pain brother. I think its the same everywhere you go. I bet they even said all the real work has been done by them.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline cracker

« Reply #976 on: April 17, 2009, 08:33:49 am »
Who runs that show,do I need to call or go out there and have a little talk with them. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
UHOH they're in for it now.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #977 on: April 17, 2009, 08:36:44 am »
What time do you think yall will be in ? I will try and have something wipped up waiting for you.
    Pappy

I'm hoping no later than 4 or 5 PM Pappy, can you PM me your cell number that way I can call ya when we hit Tenn.

Greg ya want me to talk to the powers that be at work, I can be very persuasive >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #978 on: April 17, 2009, 04:30:45 pm »
Ya we can come up with something,may have to cut it down from a stave if you are wanting a war bow.Headed down today to get some more little things done,sounds like I will have plenty of help if it all isn't done by next weekend. ;) ;D 7 days and counting. :)
   Pappy

Thanks Pappy! Dont know for sure that I want to do a longbow or an Eastern Flatbow. Something about the simple bending twig just seems to inspire me these days. No recureves no set backs, just a simple bent stick! Besides I bet it will shoot just as fast. I'll be mighty happy with whatever I can build!

David T

PS: Dont worry I taint scarred of them others!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline BearG

« Reply #979 on: April 18, 2009, 11:29:07 am »
Brother Dan is on his way over to the house to bring me his stuff that wont fit in his truck.  Loading the trailer always gets me going.
To believe this time next Saturday I will be there.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #980 on: April 18, 2009, 08:03:49 pm »
I hear ya Bear, will be ther sunday :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #981 on: April 19, 2009, 12:08:27 am »
We should be there wed night. Cant wait. Its gonna seem like the days at work are extra long.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #982 on: April 19, 2009, 03:36:10 pm »
Tuesday evenning will see me dropping into TN! Man, comming up so fast. So much to do here to get ready to. Back stock lotions and soap. Supply the local inn with supplies, finnish my kayak and bring it home from the Skin Boat School, etc, etc!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #983 on: April 20, 2009, 12:34:28 am »
  Can't wait, I need to thaw out.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #984 on: April 20, 2009, 07:48:41 am »
Its coming around quick,We got the trophies almost finished this weekend,all we need now is the stick on plaques and they will be done.Got the practice range up in shape and 2 more loads of gravel put down.Can't wait till the weekend. :) I will be there from Friday on.We plan on finishing the main range this week and weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2009, 08:17:45 am »
I'm trying to finish up a bow I'm making for a friend of mine that I haven't seen for many years! BigA and I had been trying to get in touch with him for some time and had about given up. He finally got in contact with us a few weeks back and we've talked him into coming to the Classic. He loved to bow hunt as a young man and seems life got in the way with about 15 years on the road driving trucks among other things.

I started him an osage bow and had it past brace when a tip broke off causing a limb to break. BigA donated a fine piece of osage he had just past floor tiller. Pappy and I got it tillered out to about 22" and Pappy heat treated it. I finished tillering it at home and have been doing the finish work to it. Added some coco-bollo tips and prairie rattler skins. I'm sealing it at the moment. Haven't decided on a grip yet. Need to get on the ball to finish it. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline david w.

« Reply #986 on: April 20, 2009, 09:28:37 pm »
I should still be able to go. :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Hickoryswitch

« Reply #987 on: April 20, 2009, 10:27:21 pm »
Is there any place close a person can stay? I'll probly come in late thursday afternoon. I'm gonna leave work a lil early and drive like he**.
Wayne Silverthorn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #988 on: April 21, 2009, 05:38:30 am »
I think it is on here somewhere but I will post it again.Days inn 931-358-3194
Qulaity inn 931-358-2020    Holiday express 931-358-5800.Be sure and tell them you
are coming in for TwinOaks TN. Classic.It is at exit 11 off I24W about 12/15 miles from
the shoot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #989 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44:02 am »

I'm dreaming of a dry Classic...just like the one's I've never known, with yellow shavings falling and Pappy calling to supper all those far away from home.

I'm dreaming of a dry Classic...one where no tents become a raft, may your arrows fly straight and true, and may all your Tn. Classic's be good to you!

;)

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...