Author Topic: Suggestion to PA, moderators and administrators  (Read 8129 times)

Offline burn em up chuck

Re: Suggestion to PA, moderators and administrators
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 11:45:26 pm »
   i like the idea with reservations. i am guilty of skipping the research and asking my question.thank you, for your indulgence !
 i felt like friends had taken time out of thier day to respond to me. just my thoughts, and truly thanks guys for the personal touch.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 08:24:12 am »
...or, I've never heard of yadayada wood...is it as good as osage?  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 09:31:59 am »
good thinkin.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 09:34:27 am »
...or, I've never heard of yadayada wood...is it as good as osage?  ;D
;D ;D ;D

Im not going to tell you exactly what just yet, but lets say some of us had been thinking about something for a while. The loss of Mickey's site has prompted us to action. It isn't a newby board, but I think you will like it.  Watch the announcements for more info.

Man I love keeping Dana in suspense.  >:D :-*
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 11:11:59 am »
Well Justin I don't mind ya having a little fun with me ;) Because I certainly take my shots at folks also ;D

I guess great minds think alike :D Glad to hear that something is in the works and if I can help just ask eh :)

I just thought it would be a good idea to have a central place for the new guys. We all want to encourage the new guy and in the process increase our numbers :)
I still feel the bowyer needs to do their homework and make an effort to answer their own questions. While we are all
willing to help out, the guy that comes on with zero knowledge and bombards the board with rookie questions is doing
a disservice to us but also to himself. Information is readily available, not just here but on countless other websites, books and magazines.

Timo I think you should get a prize for your build along it was great. I think they should give you the very first MOM(Member of the Month) award and a hat.  ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline redwasp

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 08:43:53 pm »
As a newbie at trying to make my own hunting equipment. I really wish someone could tell me how to search this site because I would ifn I could . Seems to me that I always get results on my search of all kinds of things and certainly not what I typed in so I dont use it. I could learn alot more if I could. I am not putting down on this site at all just wish I could spend more time learning about a specific problem or style without having to spend my time weeding through to fins what im looking for. It's probably me anyway I know i'm not doing something right. would someone send me a PM with more specific instructions. On the up side it makes me sign on everyday so I dont miss anything ;)........... peace everybody.
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 11:51:16 pm »
Redwasp, feel free to ask questions.  A lot of time it is about knowing what word to search for. I know that when someone asks a question I usually remember 1 or 2 specific posts.  If I can remember the title of the post it makes it pretty easy to search and find.  Then I post the link for the new guy. It is usually the easiest way to handle it.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah