Author Topic: 3rd Annual Christmas Trade Revised  (Read 173431 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: 3rd Annual Christmas Trade Revised
« Reply #570 on: January 13, 2010, 07:39:30 pm »
You are a good man Dana. Slow to anger quick to forgive. That is my mantra.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #571 on: January 13, 2010, 07:43:13 pm »
Great gifts.  Not sure why the one that I sent mine too has not shown up, but he did receive it and just sharing what I sent out. I sent him six cane arrows, self nocks, trukey fletching, hand wrapped in sinew and a lakota style quiver.

Charles,

I have been extremely busy and I have not had time to get photographs of the arrows and quiver. I was supposed to have the last week of December off and that fell through. I was supposed to have last week of and that fell through as well. I did get the last few days off and I have finished Kegans gift just moments ago. Man has he been a trooper and VERY patient with me.

Charles I did go and shoot the arrows and they hit like a ton of LEAD. I have never had any cane arrows only cedar. These arrows are spined perfectly for a bow I have not shot much in the past because I could never hit anything with it. These arrows have changed the way I think about this bow. These are museum quality arrows and I hated to shoot them, but I just couldnt resist. They are excellent, and the quiver is great too!!!

Thanks Charles for the awesome gift!!!

Thanks Kegan for being patient with me. Your gift leaves in the morning USPS Priority.

Tommy
Jesus Saves!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #572 on: January 13, 2010, 07:45:14 pm »
yup dana is a big man,maybe not in stature but in nature and heart

Dana stand in the middle of your living room,now we are all gathering around you and giving you one big group hug
your forgiven  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #573 on: January 13, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »
Thanks Woodsman1031.  I made the spine up based on a thread you had on here somewhere about lenght and poundage.  I am glad they worked out for you.  Enjoy..

Offline DanaM

« Reply #574 on: January 13, 2010, 08:35:34 pm »
You are a good man Dana. Slow to anger quick to forgive. That is my mantra.

Justin be honest its more like quick to anger and slow to forgive ;) I know my faults all too well my friend ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »

Dana stand in the middle of your living room,now we are all gathering around you and giving you one big group hug
your forgiven  ;D

Im in that group hug for ya as well Dana, Any of us can get bent out of shape from time to time but it takes a man of character to apologize. Good for you Bro. ;) Wishing you the best for this new year.

Offline woodstick

« Reply #576 on: January 13, 2010, 09:57:53 pm »
got a nice wool bow sock in today from agd68. it is saweeeet. will get pics up soon.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Manager

« Reply #577 on: January 14, 2010, 12:56:23 pm »

your forgiven  ;D

Im in that group hug for ya as well Dana, Any of us can get bent out of shape from time to time but it takes a man of character to apologize. Good for you Bro. ;) Wishing you the best for this new year.

I third that...   :)

Thanks for the comment Dana  :)   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #578 on: January 14, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »
Now that is what this is all about.Just Great. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline StevenT

« Reply #579 on: January 14, 2010, 01:36:02 pm »
Those are all some great gifts. I hope to get in on the fun this year. 

1/2 Primitive... did you say what type root the warclub is made from? That thing looks wicked!

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #580 on: January 15, 2010, 10:06:43 am »
There is a rumor that my gift may be sitting in the shop.  I'm on vacation this week and I'm afraid to go in or I'll get stuck there.....you guys understand that one.   If you're not supposed to come in, then stay away. 

I'll let you all know ASAP. 

piper

Offline uwe

« Reply #581 on: January 15, 2010, 10:42:58 am »
Nearly everyone got it! I`m still waiting...

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #582 on: January 15, 2010, 07:56:51 pm »
Cowboy, old friend, you can stop by here and put your feet under my table anytime.  I am overwhelmed, amazed and very much humbled by the generosity and workmanship of your gifts.  Simply amazing.........items that are both useable and practical and at the same time are truly primitive craft........

These tools, or weapons......depending on the situation are ......well........back to square one.......amazing, overwhelming, generous...and all the rest.   

here's what i found when i snuck into work today:   A large white PVC pipe, sealed with a screwed in endcap.  Inside there was a bow......a great bow, Carolina Oak and rawhide, a work of art, stained, varnished, ready to string.   Then I saw the arrows....three cane arrows with PERFECT turkey fletching, self nocks and amazing knapped points ninewed on.......and then the letter from Cowboy describing all these things, and making reference to a knife too!!   So, I got back into the wrapping paper and , danged if there wasn't a wonderful knapped knife set in an antler handle.   I felt like i should go shoot AND OPEN A MUSEUM all at once .   

I did go out and shoot later, at home, different arrows of course.  That bow shoots like a dream.  I feel guilty shooting it......like I've taken away your best one......man, what a great stick. 

Anyway, here's some pics. 

THANKS COWBOY!!!!   piper.....humbly

Offline boo

« Reply #583 on: January 15, 2010, 09:23:31 pm »
WOW piper that is awesome. What a wonderful gift Cowboy, you out did yourself. Piper, i have one of Cowboys knives and there second to none. I had the chance to use mine on a deer this year, worked perfectly.
Boo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #584 on: January 16, 2010, 05:03:34 am »
                             Keith.....You made out like a Bandit this Year....Man what a Haul........... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome