Author Topic: TN classic  (Read 148142 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: TN classic
« Reply #375 on: March 13, 2010, 11:19:34 pm »
Hmmm! Eddie those are tools, I hope!  :o ;D ;D ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2010, 12:37:40 am »
Law Abiding .... ;D.... I make the 986 miles in 12 hours flat.....you do the math....... >:D

average 82.1 miles an hour... with no bathroom breaks in 12 hours???   :)

Maybe he wears those Depends undergarments like that astronaut lady that drove nonstop from Texas to Florida to whup her boyfriend's wife. ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D  don't forget the baby powder for when you get there Mike!  ...might get a little chafed if you fidget in the seat too much after you go on yourself...  ;)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2010, 12:45:42 am »
Oh and dmassphoto, don't spend 110 dollars on a drawknife, make sure you check out the flea markets and farmers trading posts first... I got an older used one and only paid 25 dollars for it and it looks way better made than the new ones I see for sale now.  Just had to knock a little rust off it and fix the bevel and she was good as new.... The handles were already worn smooth from the heavy use it got from its previous owner too.  Make sure to look for a used one before you shell out that kind of money, they dont make them like they used to.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #378 on: March 14, 2010, 01:14:37 am »
DMASS We are looking at your post from down here at twin oaks Pappy said to not buy anything until you come here
you will learn what you need and might be able to get some of your tools here and not waste a lot of money
Ron

Ron,
  I'm really grateful and amazed by the kindness.  I'm really looking forward to this.  Thank you!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #379 on: March 14, 2010, 01:25:57 am »
You think you are amazed now, just wait!!!  ;)  8)  I'm amazed every time I go to the classic and this will be my 4 year.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #380 on: March 14, 2010, 04:22:10 am »
Wish I could be there!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2010, 07:38:11 am »
Wish I could be there!

Well then get your butt down there :) No more excuses grab Gayle and come on down, you guys can share Keenan's teepee :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #382 on: March 14, 2010, 09:56:32 am »
 His permission slip is stamped for next year. ;D  I got three draw knives from the Flea Market. The most I paid was $14.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #383 on: March 14, 2010, 01:47:20 pm »
got mine off ebay for 25.00
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2010, 01:50:41 pm »
got mine off ebay for 25.00

I got 3 off e-bay for $25 it was a package deal ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2010, 03:36:46 pm »
Wish I could be there!

Well then get your butt down there :) No more excuses grab Gayle and come on down, you guys can share Keenan's teepee :D

Now wait a minute Dana,  Tiller is a great guy but I'm not sure that a tipi was ever supposed to sell like lavender,lemon grass, or all spice.,,,,,besides I think he is still trying to get even for the cow patties in his grill. ::)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:40:00 pm by Keenan »

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:19 pm »
Wish I could be there!

Now wait a minute Dana,  Tiller is a great guy but I'm not sure that a tipi was ever supposed to sell like lavender,lemon grass, or all spice.,,,,,besides I think he is still trying to get even for the cow patties in his grill. ::)

Now why would you think that Keenan??? Really now..am I that vengeful??? HMMMM!!!!  >:D ;D ;D ;D

Offline BearG

« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2010, 11:15:57 am »
You think you are amazed now, just wait!!!  ;)  8)  I'm amazed every time I go to the classic and this will be my 4 year.  8)
I think this is going to be number 11 for my crew. And it has been a pleasure watchind this grow into the circus it has become.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2010, 08:01:12 pm »
Hi again all, just wondering what day I should get there to participate in the self-bow class?  Thanks!  (still trying to see if I can come or not)

Offline RG

« Reply #389 on: March 16, 2010, 11:14:08 pm »
dmass  We start gathering on the 24th of April The dates for the Classic are April 30th, May 1st and 2nd With out looking at the flyer
I believe the Selbow class starts on Thursday April 29th You have to start with roughed out stave with no tip nocks cut in And you can also get help from
several people that will be there to help you So you can get there what ever day you want just have to be at that stage on Thursday
Hope to see you there

Ron