Author Topic: AVATAR  (Read 46879 times)

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
Re: AVATAR
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2010, 03:04:46 pm »
Thanks Guys....thats what I was hoping that everyone would say...I would love to see it in IMAX...but thats out of the Question in this Hicksville...lucky that Amarillo has a 3-D capable Theater.... ::)

...uhhh...off topic, but...Amarillo?
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2010, 03:17:53 pm »
Im guessing the city/town he lives in

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2010, 03:20:51 pm »
Yeah.....Amarillo...the nearest Big Town to where I live....still a Hicktown.most Modern thing there is the Quarterhorse Museum.... :D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2010, 03:21:34 pm »
Where abouts are you?  I'm in Lubbock...usually all over the Panhandle though.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2010, 03:23:41 pm »
                                                 Stinnett.....Heart Of The Panhandle............. :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2010, 03:44:28 pm »
Awwww I'm always suprised by how much Stinnett doesn't have.  It only has a Dairy Queen becuase they insist on putting one in EVERY city in Texas.  It's the only city I've ever seen where gas stations out number all other businesses combined.

For reference...I don't know that they're 3D capable...but Guymon has a MUCH MUCH better theatre than the two I know of in Amarillo.  It's cheaper, cleaner, and less crowded...I think Matinee is like $4.50 and regular ticket price $6.

Offline Jesse

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2010, 12:00:16 am »
Rode my motorcycle through Amarillo. It was raining buckets with 50 mph winds. I had to lean into the wind hard just to go straight. Is the weather just always bad there ??? 
And yes try the 3 D.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2010, 12:12:30 am »
Rode my motorcycle through Amarillo. It was raining buckets with 50 mph winds. I had to lean into the wind hard just to go straight. Is the weather just always bad there ???

Bad weather?  You mean the 60mph crosswinds?  That's just how it is, here.  Not only does it blow all day, but it blows one way in the morning, then the other in the evening...so you have to lean to the same side to just cruise.  You can always tell a Texas Panhandle rider by his chicken strip.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2010, 06:57:08 am »
Anyone realized the Pandora way of draw?? actually I believe to remember seeing a guy who pulled just like that and did well; it's beeing discussed on a German archery forum and some say it works!
Check this link:

http://www.rumpy.it/avatar.png
Frank from Germany...

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2010, 11:42:46 am »
avatar just grossed over $1 billion.  wonder when part two is coming out?  i've heard it will take place on one of the nearby moons or planets of pandora.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2010, 03:45:59 pm »
What the hell would a sequal be about?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2010, 04:26:00 pm »
actually, camerron has a triology planned for avatar.  unfortunately, the next movie may be four years away.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2010, 04:32:27 pm »
I read that...but he says it shouldn't be four years. Cameron says what took so long was building the world and environment.  That's already built, so the next won't be so complicated...says 9~10 months.  Still doesn't say what it's supposed to be about.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2010, 06:08:12 am »
This Movie was Awesome...I sat through every scene of it...never got up for anything...didn't feel like it was 3 hours long......and Man I am glad I spent the extra money for the 3-D experience....because it was the Best Movie I have ever sat through....it is a Must See in my Book....and I will be buying this Movie when it come out on DVD...thats for sure..... ;)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2010, 06:19:28 am »
El D! - I watched it, too, in 3D last night; I'm for sure going to see it again some time soon!
It actually was my first 3D expierience at it was really great; I enyoed every minute of it same as you describe, and everybody did not believe it was such a long movie!
Btw. it was the quietest movie theater I have been to in a long time, too, seems like others where impressed just the same...
Frank from Germany...