Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694567 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14295 on: January 09, 2017, 04:23:46 am »
Glad you are feeling better Shawn. ;) Great weekend, cold but lots of fun around the fire and in the woods. We had a good meeting and managed to get a little done around TwinOaks, I also had some time in the shop and stand. Here are a few pictures. New Whiskey flask in the works, fixing to seal the inside with bees wax. Sister's first snow and she loved it.  ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14296 on: January 09, 2017, 04:26:21 am »
Not a lot of snow for some of yall but pretty good for us. The inside of the Flask all sealed up and the ends sealed with pine pitch glue. :) No leaks  8)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14297 on: January 09, 2017, 04:28:07 am »
Will shooting in his new Osage bow, folks want to know how they do in the cold, well it was 10 outside and it shot fine. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14298 on: January 09, 2017, 04:30:28 am »
More than one way to get a good fire going. Whisky flask with it's first coat of sealer to the outside. :)
Going to wait till it warms a bit before finishing the outside sealing. ???  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14299 on: January 09, 2017, 04:38:40 am »
Then some shots from the stand Saturday morning, 7 degrees and winds out of the NW at 10. Good day to swim the Atlantic. :-\ Cold but a very peaceful morning. This was my last day to bow hunt this year, Sunday the end of the regular season I don't usually hunt [The Lord and Miss Joanie's day] so Saturday wound me up. It has been a really fun year full of up's and downs as they usually are but I have really enjoyed it, that is for sure. We do have a land owner hunt starting today through Friday that is Doe only and I may give it a go a couple of days this week but if I do it will be with something a little more efficient. AR  >:D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14300 on: January 09, 2017, 04:43:11 am »
Still in the stand, the sunrise was beautiful and very welcomed. Then the first meeting of the year, good crowd and I think we are off to a good start with some big plans for this up coming year. We got 40 ton of gravel hauled in and Kevin can do wonders with my Tractor. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14301 on: January 09, 2017, 04:47:49 am »
Got the place looking good, this is where the 30 foot addition of the pavilion will be going.  :) That should give us room. ;) :) We are also adding 12 foot to the kitchen and a 20x28 addition the target shed. Man we got our spring cut out for us. It all has to be done before the middle of March before our first shoot. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14302 on: January 09, 2017, 04:50:22 am »
Also got another pistol powder horn in the works. Yep , great weekend with like minded friend and family, got ot love that. ;) Hope yall had a good one also. . Life is Good  ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #14303 on: January 09, 2017, 04:59:07 am »
Thanks Pappy ! That one Horn needs to have some of that Mountain "Spring Water" put in it to test the seals  >:D . Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #14304 on: January 09, 2017, 06:38:39 am »
Great hat Pappy! Glad to see you enjoying it. It was a cold one here too.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14305 on: January 09, 2017, 07:15:51 am »
Got some big plans Pappy I'm sure the crew will get em done before spring in March. That wouldn't give us much time around here  since spring really doesn't arrive here till mid April lol. I'm sure it'll be nice when it's done.
How do you leak test a whiskey flask? 🤔😊
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14306 on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:28 am »
Water first , then whiskey of course.  ;) I don't drink the stuff but the person I have in mind to gift it to does. ;) :) :) My rule in drinking is no Brown, no wine and no clear. :) seems to work for me. ;) Glenn thanks a bunch for the hat , I love it. ;) It don't get cold enough here to use it much , but when it dose get cold I pull it out and it keeps the heard warm better than any hat I have. :) And look so good on me to boot. ;) ;D ;D By the way miss my Yankee buddies this December, hope it works out for next year. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #14307 on: January 09, 2017, 11:37:57 am »
Gravel looks good.
Went out this morning saw good deer movement til the wind came up. Called in two Red Fox, they both got a pass. To many Coyotes killing them. Yotes here have smartened up since getting thinned out. Wish I knew a guy with a Coyote dog to cut loose when you get in within a couple hunnerd yards. Friends in MT have a couple and that hunting is a hoot!

Last week on Private for deer. Guess I will hit the Farm with Bang stick to meet my Quota of slick headed bean eaters  :^)

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #14308 on: January 09, 2017, 12:15:33 pm »
Man I wish I could have been there last weekend. I got stuck carrying the wife around since our driveway was iced over and her car was stuck there. :(

I did some work on the new .54 cal Flintlock Hawken though and picked up some FFFG Black Powder!

That flask looks like it'll hold some delicious brown water :D

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #14309 on: January 09, 2017, 01:40:49 pm »
Hey Pappy, Nice Hat!
I'll bet it's warm.
That snow looks a little like home to me...Kinda gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.

Our 2017 Hawkeye Bowmen snowshoe shoot is scheduled for Feb.11th,
Get you some snowshoes and with that hat you'll fit right in!

Kevin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:58:02 pm by Buffalogobbler »
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin