Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705787 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2580 on: January 03, 2009, 07:46:39 pm »

Happy New Year everyone!  :)

As you've already heard, LBL was a little disappointing from a hunting standpoint but that's why it's called hunting and not killing I guess. The company and time in camp was good as expected. As for the food...
Don't let him fool you...Greg likes to pose for those eat'in shots....lol.
...after all this time of trying to dodge Pappy taking pictures of me eating, you finally just get wore down and take the picture and get it over with so I can eat! ;D  Ryan and I hunted several times together and although we hunted over some decent and fresh traveling sign, we didn't have any luck spotting deer. I did enjoy spending time with Ryan riding around LBL and getting to know him better. He started the trip off on a bad note with a virus that took him a couple of days to get over. :'( But did finally get to feeling well enough to hunt. I didn't have any more episodes of my throat swelling, so that was good. I'm still taking medicine for it.

I ate my groundhog I killed earlier in the year...not venison, but it was pretty good. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Ranger B

« Reply #2581 on: January 04, 2009, 01:54:37 pm »
Well, I sure did think about you guys a lot.  Wish I could have been there.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2582 on: January 05, 2009, 05:40:12 am »
Wished you could have also Jimmy,hopefully next year. Well I had a great weekend done some hunting.Seen several deer and 3 big Tom Turkeys but no shots.Grant got 1 shot but hit a limb.
O well that happens.Had some friends down Sat. with there boys.BigA brought Curtis down and finished tillering his little IW sinew back boy,man will it fling and arrow.Terry had his boys down
and done a little Squirrel hunting.We have some great kids. :) :) Of course we ate good.I got
the wight ash I am making for one of my MI. friends out to brace so all i all got a lot done.Here are some pictures of the fun.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2583 on: January 05, 2009, 05:46:45 am »
Grant also got his pair of walking sticks finished,One for him one for his better half,he is getting to old to walk without a stick.The bow in the picture is one Gary Davis gave me at LBL last week.Very
nice bow,he told me to do what ever I wanted to with it so I gave it to Grant,it was prefect length and weight for him and a little light for me at my short draw.It's 50@28 Osage he spliced at the Classic last year.68 n-n with Diamond back skins on it. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2584 on: January 05, 2009, 05:52:42 am »
The first picture is Curtis and his little Osage bow,then him helping finish tillering his IW and
getting to shoot it. :) He is pretty good with a scraper. ;) :) Then Terry's boy ,that is a bb gun with no bb's  ;) :) Supper Sat. night and my ash bow on the tiller stick and at first brace. Hope yall had a good on also.Life is good. :)
     Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JimmyDee

« Reply #2585 on: January 05, 2009, 08:42:02 pm »
Maybe next year we can do a hog hunt or something
The idea's appealing -- but finding hogs between LBL and New York might be tough.  I'd hate to think of you guys travelling further south.

Offline yazoo

« Reply #2586 on: January 05, 2009, 11:26:54 pm »
I heard that greg ate so much that he broke 4 chairs is this true? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2587 on: January 06, 2009, 05:35:33 am »
As a matter of fact he did.He broke both of his 1 for Ryan and I don't know who else.
We finely put him on a stump. ;) ;D ;D I did take a picture of his trophies but can't find
it now. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2588 on: January 06, 2009, 08:32:09 am »
It was only three chairs! If there was a fourth broke, someone else isn't facing up to it! ;)

I appreciate your revealing that to the world Mr. Yazoo! I'm sure others were wanting to but were showing a little mercy. Several in camp out-weighed me, I guess my getting out of a low chair technique was bad because each of the three broke when I went to stand up and put to much pressure on the arm. I know...excuses, excuses...go ahead and laugh! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2589 on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:20 am »
ROFL... i really have tears running down my face!!!  ;D hah!!!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline yazoo

« Reply #2590 on: January 06, 2009, 10:04:21 am »
I am just goning by what others told me,I would blame it on pappys cooking,

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2591 on: January 06, 2009, 04:00:44 pm »
Looks like another great weekend.  When I get my home built I think I may be putting on some events there. I'm definatly putting in a fire pit like Pappys!

David
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2592 on: January 07, 2009, 10:15:16 am »
Got to have a fire.And it was a good weekend,hope to have another just like it this one coming up.
It is the last weekend for deer season so I plan to give them one more hard effort,then back to the bow shop and start getting ready for the Classic. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline yazoo

« Reply #2593 on: January 07, 2009, 12:59:08 pm »
I may try to run back up to lbl for one last hunt,and hunt this time,     just remember pappy   if you can shoot over them , they aint to far ;D

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2594 on: January 07, 2009, 04:21:52 pm »
Good looking bunch of kids in action. I thought those were some magnum chopsticks that Grant had being the cook and all ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956