Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4706143 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2610 on: January 13, 2009, 06:17:36 am »
Ya Ryan we enjoyed having you also,that is one thing for sure ,we may not know much
but having fun is one thing we do know,we got that down to a Science.  ;) ;D ;D Ya Greg that is nice. ;) ;D I am with Ryan lets see some pictures already. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2611 on: January 13, 2009, 08:12:35 am »
I took a walk with my dogwood bow and a camera in the woods behind my house yesterday afternoon when I got home. The light was getting bad for taking pictures by the time I got home, so I didn't have any of the family take one of me with it at full draw yet. I should get the pictures posted in the next couple of days. Ryan, you'll probably like it okay except the edges aren't as round as you like... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2612 on: January 15, 2009, 08:28:08 am »
Got to get out today and see if I can locate a place for them younguns to hunt this weekend.It is the youth hunt weekend for TN. and the last of the deer season.It is going to be clear and cold.Down to 4 tonight and 12 Friday night ,so they say, so I need to find something where the
deer are moving early,them kids won't be able to take much of that.I always enjoy this weekend
and if they get a deer it is just icing on the cake. I suspect we will spend a lot of time around the fire
or in the cabin cooking.Either way it will be fun.We have some pretty good kids around and they do love to hunt so I will do what I can to make them successful . I have 3 coming for sure and maybe 5
not sure yet. :) Beware all deer the kids are on the loose. ;) :) The deer around my place aren't use to the kind of weapons these kids are bringing out. :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2613 on: January 16, 2009, 05:48:07 am »
Well it's Friday and 2 degrees out here,it is suppose to be 9 in the morning so them kids
will have there work laied  out for them.At least the meat won;t spoil. :) ;) I have 3 coming this evening so I will be in for a full weekend of cooking and I hope gutting and skinning deer. The
Dads take them out so I plan on trying to finish tillering My ash bow while they are out hunting.
That and a lot of cooking will be about it. Hope yall have a great weekend also.Stay warm. 
Life is Good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2614 on: January 16, 2009, 08:04:07 am »
Better have a good fire waiting for them youngun's when they get back from hunting! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2615 on: January 16, 2009, 08:50:48 am »
You know I will.The wood pile will get hurt this weekend. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline John K

« Reply #2616 on: January 16, 2009, 11:13:02 am »
Have fun, stay warm and be safe ! I hope the kids get some deer  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2617 on: January 17, 2009, 09:27:04 am »
      I know that fire will be a stoken as soon as you get there till you leave there Sunday, Pappy. Hope you and the boys and the youngin's have a great time. As you know, my sons are all grown with families of their own, so don't get out with them much, hopefully I'll get to take the grandkids someday huntin. I get out with my middle son Jarrod every once in a while, which is nice, I don't really like huntin alone even know pepole know where I'm at. One thing I'll always regret is not getting to go hunting with my youngest son Jordan, the one we lost. At the time he just wasn't  in to it, of course he shot bows with me at the club, but really wasn't into hunting.  When he got older he would kid me, telling me he was going hunting with a friend, and he was going to get a big one and all  I would say is " not till you pactice" and its not as easy as you think and he would just smile at me and say "yea, right".  Well anyway have a great time, I'm sure their belly's won't go empty, you'll see to that. As long as Greg isn't first in line. Sorry Greg, had to throw that in there.
      Hope to come down for a weekend before the big shoot, to work on my bow, Pappy. Did you happen to find it in the hot box . if you did and feel the need to work on a bow, and oh, I don't know maybe snake skins, horn or bone tips, you know how you like it, feel free. give my best to the boys and Miss Joanie.     

Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Otis

« Reply #2618 on: January 18, 2009, 08:33:52 am »
Dan do you know which weekend you might be going?  I hope to get down there early too and start a bow also.
The one a won on the raffle a Cloverdale has lost some weight, so I hope to make my own with some help from
the TwinOaks bunch.  I think they know what they're doing.
                                                                                        David

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #2619 on: January 18, 2009, 03:49:16 pm »
   Yea Dave, they sure do know what their doing. How many "Bow of the Month"  do they have among themselves. Might as well learn from the best. I was thinking maybe in February, have to talk to Pappy to see what his schedule is . Maybe March, depends on the weather too, I guess.

Brother Dan

Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2620 on: January 19, 2009, 06:12:06 am »
When ever,just let me know,and yes Dan I found your stave.I think I will put it in the cabin so it don't get to dry,been in there several months. ;) :) We had a great weekend ,had 3 hunters and as many as 6 kids down at one time.Case killed a buck,thought it was a doe had already lost his horns.
I think it was a 3 point I missed earlier in the season.Hunter killed a big doe ,over 100lbs witch is
big for us.Peter got a shot but missed,all we can do is give them the operatunity can't do the shooting. We ate good and I got my ash bow almost finished,needs a little more touch up on the top limb,I heat treated it and have 7/8 lbs left to work with so I should be able to fine tune that limb without to much problem. Here are some pictures of the weekend. Life is good. :)  :)
     Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2621 on: January 19, 2009, 06:21:59 am »
The kids,Scott,and supper,Breakfast and getting food ready for Sat. evening meal,can't start to early
 can't rush perfections you know. ;) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2622 on: January 19, 2009, 06:25:40 am »
King Ron and I got the honor to get to shoot GregB's Blossom bow,man it shoots good.Greg
working on an Osage he plans to take to an event and show how to chase growth rings.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2623 on: January 19, 2009, 06:27:49 am »
The kids deer and King ron and his Grandboys.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2624 on: January 19, 2009, 06:30:40 am »
Few more of the kids and my ash bow ,55@28 and before heat treating.Hope yall had a good one also,I know I sure enjoyed it.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good