Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4707684 times)

Offline Will H

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7170 on: December 16, 2011, 10:56:21 am »
I was thinkin bout coming by after work and cooking some deer burger for whoevers around. How's that sound Pappy?
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7171 on: December 16, 2011, 11:08:22 am »
Sounds like a plan to me, I'm not sure what time I will be there,depends on the   arrangements ,but am sure I will be there by dark hopefully before.  :) :) If I ant
there you know where the key is,make yourself at home. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7172 on: December 16, 2011, 11:09:27 am »
I'll see ya there Will and Pappy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Will H

« Reply #7173 on: December 16, 2011, 11:36:34 am »
Bacon deer burgers it is! See y'all tonight :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #7174 on: December 18, 2011, 09:14:07 pm »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7175 on: December 18, 2011, 10:22:48 pm »
Another nice one, Jimmy, I wish I didn't live so far away.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7176 on: December 19, 2011, 01:41:51 am »
You sure know how to capture the feel of Twin Oaks, Jimmy!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #7177 on: December 19, 2011, 02:34:19 am »
Nice video and another great song from Will.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7178 on: December 19, 2011, 02:58:47 am »
It was Saturday morning.  The temperature was hovering around 25 degree's.  I was standing on the dark porch as I wished my friends good luck as we all headed to our stands for the early morning hunt.  The moon was shinning like a beacon as I walked down the road towards a tree overlooking a food plot I'd known Pappy had put there just for me earlier in the year.  I climbed the tree and a smile crossed my lips as I reflected on my friends.  Man it sure is hard to express with words how great it is to be allowed to gather on weekends with men who share a passion for wood. feathers, and steel.    I watched that morning as several turkey crossed the stream to my front and headed off to feed.  I may have even grumbled a little as I seen a few minutes later a couple of coyotes follow those same birds.   

Aw what the heck. 

The owl that just hooted a lonesome call that echoed through the hollow may have been as sad as I was about then.  But then I remembered I had friends who would laugh with me and listen to my tales, and life would be good for another week.  I didn't take a deer that day.  Come to think of it I've not taken a deer all season.  But you know what?  I kinda think a lot of my friends who live hundreds of miles away would have enjoyed being me  that morning.

I'm really happy this week.  We added two new members to Twin Oaks Bow Hunters.  That's a really neat thing.   Naw, not neat, but life changing to be honest.

Yes sir, life has been good to me and I got nothing to complain about.  Other then the fact Jimmy posted the video of me missing a target from about a zillion miles away.  Thanks Jimmy, your still my horse if you never win a race.  (a saying stolen from Pappy.....  Thanks Pappy!)

Yes sir folks it was a great weekend and the only thing to have made it better was if my friends who lived hundreds of miles away was there to shiver in the cold with me!

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7179 on: December 19, 2011, 03:05:32 am »
I keep telling Will it's kinda neat that I can say later on down the road I knew him when he was not as famous as Toby Keith or Loretta Lynn.

Yes sir, that boy can flat out sing a song around a fire.  He hit's a piece of rock pretty darn good also.  He's not to shabby with the bow making skill's come to think of it.   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7180 on: December 19, 2011, 07:38:20 am »
It was a great weekend,I missed part of it but them boys know how to have fun
just the same. We did get 2 new members Jimmy and Will,should be good additions to the Club. :) Missed another deer Sunday morning,I should have been
practicing with them boys Sat. morning. ;) ;D ;D  I managed to get my Elm bow ready to hunt and gave it it's first chance Sunday,it done it's part I just didn't do mine. :o Lots of napping and some hide work but mostly just fun around the fire.Hope yall Had a good one.By the way got a package from Eddie,Thanks I will make good use of that.Also a gift from King Ron to Woody,I will let you guess whet that is. ;) :) :) Nice buck killed by Jeff Mayo's Daughter and her boy friend.
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7181 on: December 19, 2011, 07:42:06 am »
Putting the final touches on my Elm bow. Jon work on his new project,Osage bow. :) :) A nice 3 year old piece. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7182 on: December 19, 2011, 07:45:52 am »
Me and Jon decided to rework one of the practice areas,Looks like they enjoyed it Saturday morning. :) :) Me getting some broad heads ready for Saturday morning. :) :) After Sunday morning I need to work on them again. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7183 on: December 19, 2011, 07:49:40 am »
Will and some of his napping,also him gifting Jon with a couple. Mine and Will's bow ready for the hunt. :) Supper by Will,Thanks they were good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7184 on: December 19, 2011, 07:52:29 am »
A little camp fire fun and more napping,Jesse was giving some lessons this weekend. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good