Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670997 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2370 on: November 11, 2008, 08:19:38 pm »
I believe!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2371 on: November 11, 2008, 08:31:29 pm »
Some good pictures! You guys look like ya done died and went to Heaven - wish I could join ya :'( :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2372 on: November 11, 2008, 08:41:27 pm »
It truely is a spacial place.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Don Wilson

« Reply #2373 on: November 11, 2008, 11:37:56 pm »
Hey guys, Skyler here. Looks like yall had a great time. We can't wait to get up there in February. Hey Anthony, you're not the only one who missed two chip shots. I've missed two deer but I did manage to kill a big hog with my recurve..............Skyler

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2374 on: November 12, 2008, 06:02:00 am »
We do take a lot of deer,not a lot of big deer but a lot of deer.It takes a lot of meat
to feed GregB and Jesse  ;) ;D ;D The cool thing is when we ant hunting there is always
something else going on,bow building,arrows,napping,knives,cutting wood ,cooking and
eating or just seating around the fire shooting the bull.They say good things don't last forever
but I hope it last as long as I am around.  :) Skyler can't wait till Feb.The Banquite should
be a blast and congrats on the hog. :) Yall be sure and bring your stuff and yall can hunt some bushy tails while yall are there in Feb. The season will still be open. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Big A

« Reply #2375 on: November 12, 2008, 12:10:24 pm »
Congrats Skyler on the hog. That sounds like fun. I just didn't have my head right on those deer. But is's hard to keep a good man down. I'm ready for the weekend to get after them again.
 Big A

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2376 on: November 12, 2008, 09:24:42 pm »
 Big A, you have to see the Collard's this year. I have one plant over 4' high.  I hope Grant is ready when I bring a load to the Classic.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

CastIron

« Reply #2377 on: November 13, 2008, 07:02:54 pm »
Big A, you have to see the Collard's this year. I have one plant over 4' high.  I hope Grant is ready when I bring a load to the Classic.

I bet I have a pot big enough to cook all you can haul if not then we will use TWO  >:D >:D and I am all ready saving fatback to season them up with.

At the classic I don't think I have ever seen so many folks eat so many greens at one sitting and most say they had never heard of a collard green  :D :D

Grant,

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2378 on: November 13, 2008, 07:19:06 pm »
Cast Iron that was the only green vegetable you cooked all week ::) My system was craving greens :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2379 on: November 14, 2008, 05:37:45 am »
Well it's Friday and as bad as I hate it  ;) ;D I got to go to the cabin and do it all over
again.Don't have any big plans except Hunting and trying to finish tillering my Osage bow.
We also have a club meeting in the morning at 8am so that will hamper my Sat. morning hunt.
Maybe I will have some luck this evening and can sleep in in the morning,that sounds
good but even if I don't hunt I can't sleep in,afraid I might miss something. ;) ;D
Hope yall have a good one also,see ya Monday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2380 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:53 am »
We do take a lot of deer,not a lot of big deer but a lot of deer.It takes a lot of meat
to feed GregB and Jesse  ;) ;D ;D The cool thing is when we ant hunting there is always
something else going on,bow building,arrows,napping,knives,cutting wood ,cooking and
eating or just seating around the fire shooting the bull.They say good things don't last forever
but I hope it last as long as I am around.  :) Skyler can't wait till Feb.The Banquite should
be a blast and congrats on the hog. :) Yall be sure and bring your stuff and yall can hunt some bushy tails while yall are there in Feb. The season will still be open. :)
   Pappy
Can you imagine what the habitat and the herd would look like if you didn't hunt it? You guys are a working management plan in action with respect to sustainable harvest and overall health of the white-tail population and it's environment.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2381 on: November 14, 2008, 09:46:58 am »
Thats why we do it Tracy,for the good of the land. ;) ;D All jokes aside they do need to be kept in check and we try to do our part,plus we love eating um. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2382 on: November 17, 2008, 12:38:43 pm »
Pappy's internet service is down today, so we'll all have to wait on the "Life is Good" update from the weekend.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #2383 on: November 17, 2008, 03:07:55 pm »
Bummer!!!  >:(
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline BearG

« Reply #2384 on: November 17, 2008, 08:28:15 pm »
man Pappy I should have come down there my week in Indiana was bad windy and hot then windy and wet.  then windy and cold with flurries.  I only saw about 10 deer while on stand in 8 days of hunting.  did have a giant 14 point B&C walk in front of the truck tue. nite on the way back from dinner.  Brother dan got a doe and a nice 8 pointer with his gun this weekend. 
life not so good >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.