Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668498 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3390 on: July 22, 2009, 07:00:24 am »
By the way BearG,there will be 13,confirmed yesterday.I would also like to have a few,2 or 3 to show them the process. I would also like to show them how to work up Turkey feathers.I have
some we can use.We are also planing on showing them how to twist a string.We will have tiller strings for them to save time. :)It will probably take most of the weekend to get the bows shooting.We plan on having a untouched stave and show them how we got to where the
ones we have for them got to that point.Greg/BigA remind me to get one from the barn. ;) :)
The boys should be there around 5 pm Friday evening so we can get everything set up Friday
evening if I don't get it done this week.I will be there around noon.By the way we are shooting this evening  about 5 pm.for anyone that can make it.I got to cut grass at the house Thursday so I won't be down till Friday after today. :) :) The boys are getting excited and so am I. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3391 on: July 22, 2009, 07:43:29 am »
I may have to work late today, so I'll have to play it by ear to see if I can come shoot or not. Sounds like Bear is helping out with some arrows...that's a good Bear! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #3392 on: July 22, 2009, 09:11:57 am »
Got 12 of the 13 done last night.  Man its going to be fun this weekend.  Cant wait!!!!
Mark I'll give you a call Thursday to touch base .
BearG
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3393 on: July 22, 2009, 12:48:25 pm »
Cool bear,could make that an even 15  ;D ;D Got 3 more and since we have the stave's I thought the more the merrier. If not I have a few at the club they can use. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3394 on: July 22, 2009, 03:55:23 pm »
Cool bear,could make that an even 15  ;D ;D Got 3 more and since we have the stave's I thought the more the merrier. If not I have a few at the club they can use. :)
   Pappy
I'll use the last 3 to do the demo and let the boys do the work if you think thats a good idea. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3395 on: July 23, 2009, 05:20:23 am »
Sounds good to me. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3396 on: July 24, 2009, 05:52:31 am »
Friday again and have a big weekend planed,Got 15 boy scouts coming this evening and looks like we are going to have some good help.Greg,BigA,Bear,BearG,KingRon for sure and John Thomas,Allen Corn,Jesse,Beau possible, so just maybe with all these folks we can teach these kids a few things and show them some things they haven't seen before. I am sure we will have some good campfire cooking.I have deer backstraps in the marinade and Greg is bringing some dove who know what else we will come up with. :) I do plan on heat treating my snake bow this
evening before they get there and stain my take down.It is ready for sealer and grip.I need to get on the ball.I have a pig hunt in a couple of weeks with Mullet and Chris and hunting with
these guys I need to be prepaired. ;) :) Bows are picked and arrows are ready ,all but sharping ,
now all I need to do is do a little shooting. Hope yall have a good one also.Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3397 on: July 24, 2009, 07:34:11 am »
Greg,BigA,Bear,BearG,KingRon for sure and John Thomas,Allen Corn,Jesse,Beau possible,

That's great news! With this much help, we have a good chance of these scouts going home with some good shooting bows! :) I might ought to bring the second bag of dove though...that would make 50 dove in all.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline BearG

« Reply #3398 on: July 24, 2009, 09:08:39 am »
I'm still hopen to get out of here at noon my time.  But we will see had a guy have a sizsure and is in the hospitial.  I was told that I could still leave, but you know how that works.  Mark if you need anything let me know.  Food or what ever.  I'll keep checkin the site until I leave

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3399 on: July 24, 2009, 11:29:30 am »
BearG I think we are good to go.See ya soon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3400 on: July 24, 2009, 11:42:50 am »
BearG I think we are good to go.See ya soon. :)
   Pappy
[/quoteOK Pappy see ya soon 8) ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3401 on: July 27, 2009, 06:11:36 am »
Man you talking about a great weekend and very rewarding ,we just had one.The Boy Scouts came to build bows and Stuff along with some of the parents.It turned out great.There was 13 Hickory and one Osage built over the weekend and all turned out good.No failures and shot good. The boy
very very well mannered and I think learned a lot. We done a log splitting and bow lay out demo
Friday night,Then Sat. morning we started on the bows.Around Lunch Jesse done a fire building
throwing stick and At ala throwing demo.They loved that.Of course we ate good,Deer steak Friday night and beacon rapped Dove ,beans and taters Sat.Along with blue berry/strawberry cobbler.Yum.
Here are some pictures. The first was Jesse Friday night working all the bugs out so it would go well in the demo Sat for the boys.Nothing worse than trying to show them something and it don't
work. ;) :) :-[
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3402 on: July 27, 2009, 06:17:07 am »
GregB gets his first fire Friday night,he was excited, :) :)Jesse and Haley practising and the boys showing up. :)
      Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3403 on: July 27, 2009, 06:20:13 am »
A little log selection and splitting demo.Had to show the boy there is a lot of work involved in bow building. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3404 on: July 27, 2009, 06:23:33 am »
The bow lay out demo then deer steak and a little relaxing around the fire and discussing how to handle Sat. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good