Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671188 times)

Tommy and 53 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #4170 on: February 01, 2010, 11:39:45 pm »
  BearG, Beerfest, Where at and why didn't you call me.  Pappy, that is a good looking quiver. Woody, good job on the gun case and Jessie, that hoe you made is really neat, did you get to use it yet, howed it do. See you soon.    Brother Dan    P.S.  Ranger B, glad your home.
downtown Hyatt I thought I told you
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4171 on: February 02, 2010, 02:55:05 am »

How about a nice warm vest for the dogs? 8)  Especially the short haired one. ;)  Looks like another fine time up there. 8)

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4172 on: February 02, 2010, 06:31:33 am »
Ya wished all of yall could have been there,it was great fun,Shanon,I can do that again. ;) :)
Stick Sadie could use one but Hanna loves the cold,she lays down in the creek and then rolls
in the snow,she loves it.Thank goodness they sleep together,Sadie will curl up right under Hanna's belly and stay nice and warm. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline woodstick

« Reply #4173 on: February 02, 2010, 07:56:38 pm »
looks like yall got the dream of the rest of us every weelend. like the snow pics wish we could have some.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4174 on: February 02, 2010, 09:12:36 pm »
Gosh Tim. I would have thought you were slammed with the rest of us. Looked like it went right over the top of you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4175 on: February 02, 2010, 09:50:32 pm »

Well Pappy, I am glad that Hannah loves the snow, and such.  Man I think I would have to put her in the house, if she lay down in the creek, and then rolled in the snow.  I would not be able to stop shivering from watching her. :o  Must've picked up something from Dana M...... ;D  But poor ol Sadie......she needs a vest.... 8)  I hope she gets to snuggle up to Hannah, a lot this year.  Good looking dogs. 8)  Seem very happy, and well taken care of. 8)  Do you do any ice fishing up there?  I plan to do a lot of it, when I move to Montana.  My Buddy, does, and he is always catching big northern pike, and perch and such.  Do you have the "Chaga" up there?  Jamie said he is going to send me some.  Well take care, and count your toes, and fatten up poor ol Sadie, so she can have the doggy bed all to herself...... ;D

Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4176 on: February 03, 2010, 06:24:35 am »
Can't fatten her up,I have tried,she is a running machine and eats like a pig,just to much energy.
The dogs don't seem to mind but they have never been inside.I have a good house for them with straw and cedar chips and they do fine.I thought about a vest but she would probably just chew it off. :) I put a flap on the dog house and they chewed it off . :) ;D They like the open spaces. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4177 on: February 03, 2010, 10:43:11 am »

Yeah, we used to have hunting hounds, and had nice pen, with a raised dog house for them, with an over hang for shade, and screened windows, and platforms under the overhangs for them to lay on.  Tried to put burlap sacks on the doors, to brush the mosquitoes off when they went in the house, but they just pulled them off.  I had to put rawhide chew toys, tied to a bicycle innertube, for them to play with, and leave the sacks alone.  Worked for awhile, till the Vet told me not to give em any more Rawhide chew toys.  I had a BIG hound, and I would buy the big chew toys for him, and I would notice that half of it was gone, and then not be able to find it.  Then the other half would be gone.   Then when I was cleaning out the pen, I found the pieces.  In the poop piles.  My Dad used to go to the butcher shop, and get head meat, and cook it up with rice, in a big ol pot, and then put it in quart Tupperware containers, and when I would go to school, I would get one out of the freezer, and put it in the sink.  When I came home, I would mix half of it in each of their pans with their dry food.  There wasn't a scent left.  They were very healthy, and happy. ;)
                                                                                Wayne

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4178 on: February 03, 2010, 11:20:08 am »
Sounds like you took as good of care of yours as I do mine,they are both spoiled rotten.I
do love my dogs. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4179 on: February 03, 2010, 11:34:07 am »

I've always felt if you are not going to treat your pets as family, then you don't need to have them. ;)
  I feel if you are going to make something dependant on you, then you should take care of it, and treat it right, and never just abandon it.

Wayne

Offline BearG

« Reply #4180 on: February 03, 2010, 02:56:19 pm »
Can't fatten her up,I have tried,she is a running machine and eats like a pig,just to much energy.
The dogs don't seem to mind but they have never been inside.I have a good house for them with straw and cedar chips and they do fine.I thought about a vest but she would probably just chew it off. :) I put a flap on the dog house and they chewed it off . :) ;D They like the open spaces. :)
   Pappy
Sadie would chew it up for sure.  You ever going to find her a boyfriend??????????????
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4181 on: February 03, 2010, 03:20:29 pm »
Mine are spoiled bad, Bo sleeps on the couch most nights and I even made him a fur hat to keep his ears warm :o ::) :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4182 on: February 03, 2010, 03:45:55 pm »
...awesome pic Dana  :) -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4183 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53:18 pm »

Dana, that is a prime example of why pets turn on their owners...... ;D  At first I thought it was the north end of a south bound fox, with rhoids...... :o       
                                                    Wayne

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4184 on: February 03, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »
That is a great picture, looks like Bo keeps nice and warm.
VB