Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670899 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4410 on: March 25, 2010, 03:22:08 pm »
Tell your business partner....you need some R and R....Moms always understand...... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4411 on: March 25, 2010, 03:48:13 pm »

Well if he would stay off of this computer, till he got the soap cut up, then he could be finished, and be able to come on down.
Hey, der El D, I wuz tinkin, if'n Dana comes down to the classic, who's gonna be der guardin da bridge crossin?  :o Ya know a lotta Trolls could pass on over der, and fish out his favorite spot ya know! :o  Not ta mention da dent dey could make in da pasties, and brat supply too ya know! :o  So I wuz tinking, meybe he could like leave sum o his work clothes around a dummy, at the bridge, wit a warnin sign, dat dey should turn around, less'n dey want ta be dunked in the greetin tank, where he works.....  ya know sortta like a mild warnin dat dey might not fit in wit the Yooper set hey? 8)  Oh and hey der, I mean use a real dummy, like one o dem manikins, not just one o da guys he works wit or anyting ya know. ::)  Oh hey ya know, I mus be one o dem genus guys, on account o how I jes got anutter idea, dat he wouldn't have ta use a real dummy, he could snag one o dem trolls trying to cross over, and tell him he is wit da city, and dey have a very good job, dat pays well, and all dey gotta do is sit there at the entrance to da Yooper side, and tell the utter Trolls, dat side o da bridge is unsafe, and dat it is closed.  ;D Oh, and hey, da best part is dat dey don't actually have to pay da guy, ;D .....well meybe at first, just ta get da work clothes on em. ::) Ya ya know I tink dat jes might work! 8)  Except I tink dat if da guy is still der when Dana gets back, he might not let him back inta da Yooper side, on account he ain't got paid yet, oh, hey, der, I tink Dana could jes say da "check is in da mail !" ;D  Yeah, dat should do it. ;)

Wayne

Offline BearG

« Reply #4412 on: March 25, 2010, 04:54:46 pm »
Mark how is Jessies cough is it any better?   I'd hate to half to come down again before the Cassic just to beat the boy.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Otis

« Reply #4413 on: March 26, 2010, 05:58:50 am »
Only one more week and I'll be one my way South. Can't wait to get down to Twin Oaks! Pappy, I'll be bringing the regular edibles, peppers and roll ups, is there anything else I need to bring? I'll be talking to you before next Friday. I know you'll have a great weekend where Life Is Good.
                                                                                                      David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4414 on: March 26, 2010, 07:19:47 am »
Mike  >:D ;D ;D ;D now that made me laugh, Bear he still has it but he did go to the doctor and got some stuff for it. He is coming down today so we will see. Cool Dave,can't wait.That is all I can think of you will need,maybe chocolate donuts.  ;) :) :) I will only be there Friday through early Sunday morning [Easter,sunrise service] and haven't heard from Eddie and Tim so not sure what there
plans are.I think Jesse is coming to hunt also. :) So I am thinking 4 depending on where you hunt the first couple of days.
 Well it's Friday and I really need a break from work,I am headed down to the cabin as soon as I can get away.No big plans,our first shoot is over so now just getting ready for the Classic.[Can't wait]
but still lots to do.I put 3 deer hides in the Brains last night and also Jesse's Beaver hide.We are going to do some brain tanning this weekend.Other than that a little finish work on the 3 bows I have shooting.I need to skin my backwards Osage,seal my Yew and grip and seal the kids bow for the Classic give away.I also need to get started with the arrows for the trophies for the Classic,I need
33 short arrows,trouble is it is just as much work to make short arrows as full size.  ??? I just thought I didn't have much planed. ;) ;D GregB/BigA is making some good headway on the Hickory stave's so we are getting there.Man time flies seems like just a few day ago the Classic was months away.
Hope yall have a good one also,I will up date Monday on what if anything we got done. ;) :) :)
Life is good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4415 on: March 26, 2010, 09:28:21 am »
Sounds like a good week end Pappy, wife and I are heading to the woods also this week end, more firewodd to cut, do some stump
shooting and eating :)

Wayne your hired for dat position, please report to the bridge your unifowm is waiting ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4416 on: March 26, 2010, 10:02:06 am »
I plan on spending as much of the weekend as possible working toward the Classic! In dire need of the kind of therapy Twin Oaks is famous for!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #4417 on: March 26, 2010, 12:51:00 pm »
Hey David, you better bring lots of shells the way you shoot!   ;D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4418 on: March 26, 2010, 07:43:25 pm »

Nah, Dana, I am retired, not retarted. ::)  I ain't about to put that uniform on! :P

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4419 on: March 26, 2010, 08:07:15 pm »

Nah, Dana, I am retired, not retarted. ::)  I ain't about to put that uniform on! :P

Wayne

You sure it pays real goooooooddd eh ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4420 on: March 27, 2010, 12:55:02 am »
Theres no troll threat, since Dana and I are both gonna be gone from up here in da UP they're closing the bridge off til we get back. The Pasty shops are on alert for short wrinkled little troll like people that might try to swim across and are ordered to take no prisoners. As far as the brats go, we'll never run ou,t we turn anything that runs, trots, crawls, flys, or swims into brats. I think our grocery store meat guy has about 30 different varieties in the meat case.
Jesse S should have some input on the brats, he's from Wisconsin, home of the bratwurst and squeaky cheese curds.
VB

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4421 on: March 27, 2010, 01:11:09 am »
Squeaky Cheese...I wish I could get real Squeaky (ustawa cheese) like We used to make when I lived on Our Farm as a Kid........
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4422 on: March 27, 2010, 01:11:42 am »
     Whew!  Thanks Venisonburger, I was getting tempted to take Dana up on the job offer, I sure could use some extra bucks.  But I don't know that after wearing that uniform, if I would have developed a third eye or something  :o......I haven't built up any immunities to the kind of ......things......Dana works with, and in. :P  Wading into big tanks, and scraping the walls, and hosing them down, and unclogging drains, and valves, etc.  :P :P  I would think that uniform probably is somewhat alive, and could probably walk to work by itself! :o  No I will stick to nice leisurly walks along the beach, and poking dead things with a stick...... ;D

Wayne  

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #4423 on: March 27, 2010, 08:03:58 pm »
Whata mean Wayne, doesn't everyone have a third eye???
So speaking of life bein good, Easter is coming up and it tradition every year for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas that I make fresh polish sausage for the family dinner. Today was polish sausage day. We did about 30 pounds, 3 lbs will be for dinner, a few pounds for my Uncles and that will take care of the first 10lbs which was straight pork. Then the next 20 lbs is half venison, and half of that is made spicy with red pepper flakes and cajun seasoning. Some will go in the freezer for our use, but I'm bringing about 10lbs to the classic for all of us to eat Wed or thurs night(If thats ok Pappy and Ron?). I thought it would be nice to share with all of you. Thurs would probably be better cause thats when Dana and Jesse S are rollin in.
I'm not responsible for anyone wrecking their keyboards with drool.
VB

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4424 on: March 27, 2010, 08:10:29 pm »
whollywuheh :o Thursday will be good Mark ;D Man I love da polish sausage, perhaps I will stop at the butchers and pick up some brats to go with dat eh :)

Manistique, MI