Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671197 times)

Tommy and 53 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5415 on: October 25, 2010, 03:31:17 pm »
...and Kentucky has a good and growing elk herd!  ;D  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5416 on: October 25, 2010, 04:06:48 pm »
David, Shanon did the arrows :)
 That was a good weekend!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline cracker

« Reply #5417 on: October 25, 2010, 08:46:19 pm »
Hey Pappy you are one lucky guy. I wish I was nice enough to have as many friends as you. I'm just too mean I guess.Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5418 on: October 25, 2010, 09:30:59 pm »
Hey Pappy you are one lucky guy. I wish I was nice enough to have as many friends as you. I'm just too mean I guess.Cracker
You do have a lot of friends...We just don't come and see you as often as we do Pappy ;D

That was one of the best weeekends I've ever spent down there. But then...I say that every time I leave  ???
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Otis

« Reply #5419 on: October 25, 2010, 11:19:41 pm »
Congrats Pappy! :) Nice bow and nice deer. Better friends. I only have two more weeks til I get to enjoy some of that Good Life. I can't wait.  I got out Saturday morning and didn't see any deer again. I hope it's just the warm weather and not that the deer up and left the county. ;D  I'll be talking to ya before I come down.
                                                                                     David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5420 on: October 26, 2010, 06:02:49 am »
Keenan ,I doubt it. ;) ;D ;D Cracker you are one of the niceest guys I know,just ant close enough. :)
It was a good weekend for sure.This should be a good one also.Youth hunt,got 2 or 3 kids coming down for the weekend.David/BearG ,can't wait. Finely got the cooler repaired,hope we need it. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5421 on: October 28, 2010, 08:18:14 am »
Hey pappy, Ft Campbell is open for hunting this weekend. I'll be going hope i get to bring a deer out.

Hey Dave when ya comeing down?
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5422 on: October 28, 2010, 09:43:11 am »
Good luck with that Jesse,Dave is supposed to come in on the  7th or 8th I think,if all goes well with his daughter.  :) I plan on giving it a whirl this evening,try and do some good before the kids get down there. ;)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5423 on: October 28, 2010, 10:47:03 am »
I will be there the 6th.   Can't hardly wait.
LIFE WILL BE GOOD
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5424 on: October 28, 2010, 10:58:41 am »
Thats great Bear,I told Beau I thought you was coming in that Sat.  :) Shanon I started scraping the hair off your hide yesterday,should finish it this weekend,I will trim it up and put you name on it.Looks like it will make some mighty fine and thin Rawhide,and only 1 hole. ;) ;D ;D I plan on racking up 3 more this weekend if I get time.I won't be hunting so should be able to get it done. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #5425 on: October 28, 2010, 11:54:33 am »
Holy MOLY Pappy this post has grown since the last time I posted!  Im making it my life long goal to gettin down there maybe next summer! Everytime I talk to Shannon or OutBackBob they tell me the same U HAVE TO GO Pappy's place is awesome!  Be well my friend and again hope to meet u soon!

Russ/AncientArcher
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Otis

« Reply #5426 on: October 28, 2010, 08:03:35 pm »
Like Pappy said Jesse. Katelyn's surgery is the 4th and they said she would have to stay a couple of days. Debbie is going to stay with her, so, I get them home and Debbie gets rested up and gives me the go ahead I'm heading south. See ya'll in a few days!!!! :) :)

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5427 on: October 28, 2010, 09:27:29 pm »
 Good luck, David. Hope all goes well with your daughter.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5428 on: October 29, 2010, 03:06:20 am »
Sorry to hear your daughter has to go in for surgery David.

Keenan and Pappy, You bet I'm going to bring her down to meet ya all one day! I've told her AAAALLLL about all of ya! Believe it or not shes looking forward to it!  ;D

Shannon, How the heck did you do the fletching on them arrows? It look like a cherokee two fletch with helical twist added in.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5429 on: October 29, 2010, 06:08:12 am »
Hope you can make it someday Russ,Tiller I am sure you ant told her everything. :) >:D
David ,hope all goes well,let me know how things are going next weekend. Well it's Friday again and you know where I am headed in a little while, I am having some kids down for the youth hunt this weekend,that's always fun.I wished I could hunt,it is that time of the year,went yesterday see 8 doe and had bucks running does in the woods behind me all evening.Should be
good for the kids. I plan on working on some hides this weekend and maybe clean out the freezer and skin some snakes that have been given to me over the year from KY. and TX. :) Other than that I am going to put up a couple more stands to get ready for the next couple of weeks.I will head to some spots that the kids and guns won't be. :) ;) Hope yall have a good one also.See ya Mondaywith pictures for sure.Life is good. :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:22:11 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good