Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4669945 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5445 on: November 01, 2010, 03:37:42 pm »
Didn't count today cause it was already started and made it seem shorter.  playing mind games with myself.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Otis

« Reply #5446 on: November 01, 2010, 08:59:42 pm »
Looks like another great weekend at Twin Oaks. I don't know what my minus days are BearG. I'm playing it by ear. I guess I just have to be patient. :)  The younguns done good it looks like. I can't wait to come down. Pappy I'll call you after Katelyn's surgery and give you a guestimation when I'll be down.
                                                                          David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5447 on: November 02, 2010, 05:48:57 am »
Great ,hope all goes good. Bear .see ya Sat. :) Hunted yesterday and man are the bucks running and scraping,never seen as many scraps,had a really nice buck[couldn't tell how many points]
but he was big come in at about 5:15 missed him at 15 yards,right under. I have gotten to where
I can't hear,I can hear but only out of one ear so it is hard to tell where stuff is coming from,I thought he was coming from the left and he stepped out right under my stand to the right then went behind me.I got the shot when he came up to the left, Should have shot the little doe out in front of me, ;)o well maybe today.It was exciting just the same. :) I counted 9 scraps on the way to the Aunt Jamima stand. Hope it holds up for another couple of weeks. ;) :) May take that long for me to hit one. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5448 on: November 02, 2010, 08:36:22 am »
Don't feel like your alone Pappy...I can't hear in Stereo any more either....65% deaf in my Right Ear...and it sure screws you up when it's like that....can't tell directions of any noises heard...you drop something on the floor...and have no idea which way it went...footsteps in leaves don't have any definite directions...it's hell getting old...ain't it....... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5449 on: November 02, 2010, 09:56:43 am »
 I've got the same problem with the left ear, Pappy. I couldn't tell where a turkey was when he gobbled. I got that Walker Quad Ear Muffs and that solved my problem.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #5450 on: November 02, 2010, 10:08:44 am »
I've got the same problem with the left ear, Pappy. I couldn't tell where a turkey was when he gobbled. I got that Walker Quad Ear Muffs and that solved my problem.
I was going to suggest Mark get a walker game ear.  The guys I know that have them love them.  Unless its a windy day then off they come.  I tried a cheap version acouple years ago but between the jets, crows, and nieghbors it was to loud.  Not to mention every squirrel souned like big Lou was comiing in.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5451 on: November 02, 2010, 11:47:24 am »
Yeah Bear I got me a Walker Game Ear, and man it is the cats meow.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5452 on: November 02, 2010, 01:55:40 pm »
 If you get the quad muff's, they have a fine tune that you can get rid of the wind and planes.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #5453 on: November 02, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »
If you get the quad muff's, they have a fine tune that you can get rid of the wind and planes.
I'll have to check those out

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #5454 on: November 02, 2010, 04:30:54 pm »
Don't feel like your alone Pappy...I can't hear in Stereo any more either....65% deaf in my Right Ear...and it sure screws you up when it's like that....can't tell directions of any noises heard...you drop something on the floor...and have no idea which way it went...footsteps in leaves don't have any definite directions...it's hell getting old...ain't it....... :P

Mike,
I'm not even 30 and have 60% hearing loss in my left ear  :P
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5455 on: November 03, 2010, 05:40:06 am »
Thanks guys,I have tries some aids but the just made the rattling and gurgling louder in the bad left ear,doc said I had lost 90% in that ear and was nothing to do about it.O well thats life.
I did figure out yesterday how to come away from the stand not dissopinted , ;) Don't shoot. ;) ;D
I had that little doe by yesterday,closer this time,10 yards or so.She keeps it up and she will go in the freezer. ;) :) Heard some running behind me[At least I think it was behind me] :) but didn't see anything. I will give it a go again this evening.I plan on hunting every evening this
week. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5456 on: November 03, 2010, 09:21:17 am »
So I guess to many years around diesles and shooting guns with no protection.

Offline GlennM

« Reply #5457 on: November 03, 2010, 11:00:59 am »
I saw some good news came out of the elections for you Tennessee folks.  Congrats on the Right to Hunt Amendment.  We sure could use that in NY, but the NYC crowd would never allow it.  Maybe you guys need some more Yankees down there!

We been seeing deer but rutting activity has not heated up yet.  This weekend should heat things up.  We are looking at cold temps and a dusting of snow in Western NY.  I did manage to take a small doe opening weekend.  I have not heard from Davey or Hole in the Bow Chuck.

Glenn

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5458 on: November 04, 2010, 06:41:55 am »
Ya Glenn I think it passed at somewhere around 90%.Should help us down the road. :)
Not sure what happened to my hearing Bear,it all happened in just a few days,The doc said that some kind of Viral infection went through ,done its damage and moved on.It was almost overnight. :( I always seem to get things that can't be fixed,so you just have to suck it up and move on. :) By the way see 4 bucks yesterday,I saw the big one again ,had him at about 25 yards coming straight at me,then he got a whiff of something [I guess] he didn't like and turned and walked straight away,Seen another nice 8 with short tines  but nice spread and a 6 and 4 I think at about 40 yards or so. Good evening. :) :) They were just Trolling. No Does around that I seen. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5459 on: November 04, 2010, 10:32:26 am »
Well I hope I will bring you some good luck.  Just got to make it trough today and tomorrow.
I guess with as many ear infections as I get the next time the doc say tubes maybe I should suck it up and get them.