Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668654 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5535 on: November 29, 2010, 09:46:47 am »
No  ;) ;D ;D Jesse made that for me,an Eagle,it looks great in my case. :) Ya JohnT has to have a nap before supper. ;) :) :) Them guys are to good to me. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5536 on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:36 pm »
I went home for Thanksgiving. Home has a unique meaning when you aren't there very often.  It was wonderful to see my wife and kids.  Man, I rolled in the floor and wrestled with my kids, loved up momma and I tell you it was good to be home in Clarksville.  I've been gone so much over the past few years that when I have really grown to appreciate being with family and friends.  Sometimes I think we take for granted some of the blessing we have.   I, for one, have much to be thankful for.  I got to hunt with my kids, see Pappy, Woody, Jon, John and others as well.  Here are a few pics of my visit HOME.  Life is truly GOOD.

One of the best things about being home.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5537 on: November 30, 2010, 05:44:29 am »
Great pictures Jimmy,It was a pleasure having you and the kids down,wished you had more time.See ya next time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5538 on: November 30, 2010, 08:27:45 am »
It was really good to see ya Jimmy.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline BearG

« Reply #5539 on: November 30, 2010, 10:04:25 am »
Jimmy great to see ya back where you belong.   Hope you get back with the family for a long spell soon.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5540 on: November 30, 2010, 02:23:41 pm »
It was really good to be home.  It just feels right to be there.  Can't wait for Christmas.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5541 on: November 30, 2010, 07:33:17 pm »
Good to visit with you again Jimmy.  Look forward to seeing you soon.

Jon
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5542 on: November 30, 2010, 10:50:48 pm »
 Nice pictures, Jimmy. Wish I was up there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5543 on: December 01, 2010, 09:10:32 am »
Wish I had made it over to see you Jimmy! Glad you had a great holiday!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5544 on: December 01, 2010, 09:17:38 am »
Been missing you GregB,guess you have been to busy for us. ;) ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5545 on: December 01, 2010, 12:53:40 pm »
Pappy My Doctor is going to name a new flu.  TwinOaks flu,  I'm on my second round of antibotics sence getting home.  And have only worked 1 full day.  Been feeling like whats below sh**.  But I'll take feeling like this for the fun I had down there anytime.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

HatchA

« Reply #5546 on: December 01, 2010, 04:28:50 pm »
Sometimes I think we take for granted some of the blessing we have.

Ranger...  Never a truer word spoken!

Good times are incredible to have but the "specialness" of them can be lost in the mundanity of every day living.

Hard times (or overcoming hard times) can really open your eyes to the wonderful things, people and places etc, that we have around us.

I won't go into details but after about 4 years of living in our own personal different Hells, my wife and I are closer than we've ever been, enjoying each other and life in general so much!!  I'm so incredibly thankful to have her in my life and that she lets me in hers.  (18 and a half years together, 11 and a half of those as Husband and Wife).

For me...  Life Is Good!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5547 on: December 01, 2010, 06:23:23 pm »
I hear you Hatch...I have been with my Significant  Other now for 30 years....married for 28 of them now....4 years ago I about lost Her to Colon Cancer....I don't believe I could function now without Her...at least I know I would not....I am blessed to have such a Woman in my Life.....so for me also.....Life Is Good....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5548 on: December 01, 2010, 09:33:41 pm »
My wife and I have raised three of our five children to adulthood.  The younger two are children we fostered as Fostered Parents.  The good Lord allowed us to adopt them and I don't know what our lives would be like without them.  As with all marriages we had our rough times.  Every marriage has them.  I told my son just last night, while we talked about him going to Nashville today to reenlist as a Sergeant in the Army, that wedding vows are about the tough times, not the easy one's.  Just like all of you I'm grateful more then words can say that that my marriage is strong and wonderful after twenty-eight years.

Life is good and it has it’s happy moments and it’s sad one’s.  Every moment spent at Twin Oaks with friends is a moment I cherish.

We had a young girl and her brother whom we became Foster Parents to a year ago.  They returned Home a few weeks ago.  I’m a Retired Infantry Paratrooper but that sweet little girl made this Bow Hunter cry like a baby when I returned her to her mother.  On the one hand I’m glad I had a chance to love her, on the other I’m sad I had to see her go.  Life’s like that you know. 

I’ve come to learn you can’t have happy without a little sad thrown in from time to time. 

Yes indeed Life is Good, and I’m grateful to share it with good folks.

Here’s a picture of that  little darlin.  Ask Pappy he seen her in his Cabin sucking on her second ever lolly-pop.  The bottom picture is of the my two younger one's, the wife, and the precious little girl.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:45:31 pm by _Jon_ »
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5549 on: December 03, 2010, 05:47:41 am »
Great pictures Jon,Jimmy. Friday and I am ready, me and the girls are headed to the cabin when I get out of here and I  can't wait.I plan on hunting this evening and Sat. Got a few little projects to do at the cabin,hot water heater in the kitchen and some roof repair on the creek side,other than that just hunting and hanging out. I have a lot of other things I want to do but I have figured out not to make any hard plans,they always seem to change down there. :) :) Hope yall have a good one.I will have pictures of all the fun Monday.Hope yall have a good one also.Stay warm,It is supposed to be in the teens here over the weekend.I love it. Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good