Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670985 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5835 on: February 21, 2011, 08:05:37 am »
Wild Turkey and fixings for Supper Friday night. ;) :) Alex gave me a really nice quiver with a dozen arrows that were to light splined for him,cool.Alex helping Jon make a string for his new bow.Then we had a good surprise,Jimmy and Bo Bo showed up,he had flown in for the weekend and came down to visit. Them boys are always hungry so I had to do breakfast,something I don't usually do if it is just me. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5836 on: February 21, 2011, 08:11:50 am »
most of the club guys showed up Sat.We get a lot done when we get the whole bunch there. :) :) Terry is our official knife sharpener,he is the best I have seen as far as hand sharping,Alex got some feathers cut and sorted,they been in my freezer since last season
and needed to be cleaned out for fresh supplies. Then more food. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5837 on: February 21, 2011, 08:17:43 am »
Got the addition going on the Napping shed,also got the compressor mounted and running,then I got home to a fine gift from Joe[Wolfwatcher] A new knife sharping/shaping wheels.Can't wait to get it up and running.We plane on setting one portion of the shop just for metal work and knife making. GregB and BigA are coming up with that plan.Hope to have it done by Spring. :)
Thats about it for the weekend Hope yall had a good one also. Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5838 on: February 21, 2011, 10:02:50 am »
I'm getting ready to fly back to DC.  It was great to see you guys.  Bo Bo, Austin and I went back after church yesterday afternoon and shot the practice course.  We had a lot of fun and I'll post some pics in a little bit.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #5839 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:41 am »

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5840 on: February 21, 2011, 10:13:05 am »
Good to get to see you Jimmy! Joe, thank you so much for the knife sharpening wheels, I'm sure we'll put it to some good use! BigA and I went squirrel hunting one last time Sunday morning and got some good hunting in...was fun! I went home and was working on another knife sheath for the knife Jon gave me, and it felt appropriate to carve a squirrel on a limb onto the sheath. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5841 on: February 21, 2011, 10:56:45 am »
Always up early to look at the weekend pictures and see whats been going on!  Fun to see!  Was surprised to see Ranger B and the boys as I have been working on a project for him and knowing he will not be able to make it to the Classic this year!  The grinder for sharping wheels is a 3/4 horse but cheap.  You might want to swap it out for one of your other ones as it don't take much to turn the wheels.  I am old and so worry a lot about the direction of the spinning wheels---they need to be turning up hill away from the front or they are dangerous :(  Zero degrees with deep snow so can't even get out much to hunt horns so thanks again for the pictures which helps me count the days till the Classic!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5842 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:30 pm »
Great pictures Jimmy,Thanks.Joe the motor hasn't arrived yet but we talked about it and we will try and set it up safe.It is going to make a great addition to the metal/knife shop portion of the shop. Thanks a bunch. :) GregB ,how many did yall get,I heard a lot of shooting up that way before I left. :) 
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5843 on: February 21, 2011, 03:18:25 pm »
We got nine squirrels between the two of us. ;)
Greg

Offline sonny

« Reply #5844 on: February 21, 2011, 09:11:14 pm »
hey Greg, where's the pic of the sheath with the squirrel on it ??
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Otis

« Reply #5845 on: February 21, 2011, 10:13:42 pm »
Looks like a great weekend!  I'm counting the days til I get to come down again. Jimmy, great pictures of you and the boys. :) Pappy, here's some pictures of the trees at my brother in laws. We haven't cut any yet. He said there was some more on the other side of the property I got to look at yet. The smaller one is about 8" in diameter and the bigger two are 30" plus. The upper limbs are as big as the smaller tree. It's raining here now and we're suppose to get more later this week, so, I might have to wait a little longer to get to cutting.
                                                                David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5846 on: February 22, 2011, 12:05:08 am »
 Man, BoBo is a Natural.

That set of wheels will sharpen a knife to polished, razor blade, sharp. I'm on my second set of wheels and 3/4 horse is plenty. It don't take much. Wait till you see what it will do to a broadhead. ;D

Dave, almost turkey season, can't wait. They are starting to gobble up here where I'm at. They had the start of the youth hunt last weekend in South Florida.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5847 on: February 22, 2011, 10:15:28 am »
Sonny, the sheath isn't finished yet. You have to dampen the leather to carve on it so I usually give it a day to dry back out before I work on it anymore. I sometimes end up with as much time in the sheaths as I have in the knife. They can be very time-consuming. I'll post a pic when I finish it, might be a few days...
Greg

Offline BearG

« Reply #5848 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18:54 pm »
Sonny, the sheath isn't finished yet. You have to dampen the leather to carve on it so I usually give it a day to dry back out before I work on it anymore. I sometimes end up with as much time in the sheaths as I have in the knife. They can be very time-consuming. I'll post a pic when I finish it, might be a few days...
greg I've been doing alot of leather work myself, but I suck at carving and your right it takes alot of time.  I have a couple of friends at my local Tandy that will do any curving for me. If I do there lacing for them ( Mexican Basket weave).  Trying to make up a bunch of hip and pocket quivers and a few other thinks to trade or sell at the Classic.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Otis

« Reply #5849 on: February 22, 2011, 08:34:28 pm »
Can't wait myself Eddie. When does your season start?  Ours is late April. Thank goodness I have some good southern friends that let me come down to get after them earlier. :)  :)  That's 5 weeks from Saturday, but who's counting. I am ready to get em into spittin distance. ;D. Have a good one.
                                                                                                       David