Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670978 times)

Offline _Jon_

Re: Life is good
« Reply #6150 on: May 02, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »
Pappy is still at Twin Oaks working and cleaning up.  I think he'll most likely post his pictures tomorrow.  Sure was a lot of fun at the Classic this year.  I was lucky to meet a lot more folks this year then in the past.  My wife took a lot of pictures and I will post them soon.  Maybe some of ya'll can make it back down for the IBO World Trad Championship in July.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6151 on: May 02, 2011, 01:45:13 pm »
Mike, I'm sure Pappy and the rest of the Twin Oaks crew are neck deep in their clean up after the Classic. You know, patience is a virtue!  ;)
  Great to see you again. Glad you and Patrick had a safe trip home.

Jon, it was great to talk with you this weekend and to help you and the others with the Boy Scouts. I think we did a great job with the boys(and girl) and from the smiles on all their faces I would even bet on it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6152 on: May 02, 2011, 01:56:06 pm »
Mike, I'm sure Pappy and the rest of the Twin Oaks crew are neck deep in their clean up after the Classic. You know, patience is a virtue!  ;)
  Great to see you again. Glad you and Patrick had a safe trip home.

Pat ...you know the Old Saying...right...???

If Patience were a Virtue...the I am a W#$%e............. >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #6153 on: May 02, 2011, 02:27:08 pm »
Jeesh Mike!  ;D

Sounds like it was a great gathering this year. Cant wait to see your pictures! By the way, If I can make it next year I will bring my bow and arrows and just shoot and break rock. I think I was banned from building a bow when I show up again last time I was there. Can't ever seem to tear me away from building something! I get this addiction around bow wood almost as bad as Danna!  ;D

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #6154 on: May 02, 2011, 07:45:12 pm »
Great, great weekend everyone. I'd like to thank those that helped me and glad I could help those I could. Happy to meet everyone and make some new friends and good memories. Hope everyone that traveled makes it home safe and sound.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6155 on: May 03, 2011, 02:15:05 pm »
I'm back,had a great week,got back to work today and had a lot of catching up to do,also found out I couldn't down load the pictures I had taken with my new camra,so it will take me a day or 2 to figure that out,hope everyone had a good time and we really appreciate yall coming to visit.It was a great time with a lot of old friends. I will have some pictures up in a day or 2. Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

JustinNC

« Reply #6156 on: May 03, 2011, 07:14:18 pm »
I do remember getting a funny look while sanding down my moose billet I got from Eric's rocks. I was wondering (and dont remember who it was now), "why in the world are they looking at me funny"....sat back down and only THEN did I see the sign "Wood Only!" above that sander.  :-[ ooops. I did go back to make sure I didn't hurt anything (i.e. the belt) and it was no worse for the wear, so that was good. Sorry about that Pappy. Atleast I wasn't grinding down a knife or something!

Offline BearG

« Reply #6157 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:16 pm »
I do remember getting a funny look while sanding down my moose billet I got from Eric's rocks. I was wondering (and dont remember who it was now), "why in the world are they looking at me funny"....sat back down and only THEN did I see the sign "Wood Only!" above that sander.  :-[ ooops. I did go back to make sure I didn't hurt anything (i.e. the belt) and it was no worse for the wear, so that was good. Sorry about that Pappy. Atleast I wasn't grinding down a knife or something!
antler is ok n that one.  the sign was put there for scrapers.  the look was probably for the smell
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6158 on: May 03, 2011, 08:38:22 pm »
ya there were some bad smells coming from there werent there
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #6159 on: May 03, 2011, 08:43:26 pm »
It mighta just been BearG... im just sayin, hehehe 8)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6160 on: May 03, 2011, 08:59:02 pm »
It mighta just been BearG... im just sayin, hehehe 8)

;D :D :D ;D ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

JustinNC

« Reply #6161 on: May 04, 2011, 10:30:39 am »
Yeah the smell is horrible.

Offline BearG

« Reply #6162 on: May 04, 2011, 11:35:42 am »
Man do I ever fill the love. ;D
Private shower everyday. must have been all the alcohal seaping out. >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6163 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:28 pm »
Finely got some pictures to post,I have had a time with this new camera.I will post a few at a time the first is us getting ready the few days before,putting the final touches on things and our early
guest's ariving. Signs/bridge repair/finishing the shed and getting the staves ready for the scouts. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6164 on: May 05, 2011, 12:56:59 pm »
Putting the finishing touches on the trophies ,more stave work and getting the kitchen in shape,man we need that these folks can eat. :) ;) We sold almost 1000 burgers/300 dogs and feed around 700 at the pot luck Sat. night. Eat up 35 deer shoulders and over 50 lbs of taters on that one meal. :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good