Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670899 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6825 on: October 10, 2011, 11:40:58 am »
Yes I didn't mention it ,cause I wasn't sure if it was a secret or not :),guess not.It is a beautiful bow, It is in the first pictures of this week.Eric made it for a wounded Warrior, :) Jimmy and I will present it to him when he gets back in town. It is a beautiful piece of work,made out of Osage,I feel sure Gil will love it.That was very thoughtful of you Eric. :) Good for you. :) :) i will get more pictures of the bow when we give it to Gil. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6826 on: October 10, 2011, 11:50:03 am »
Pappy
there are plans being formed to get me to the classic this spring ,glad to have freinds that care enough to make this kind of effert !
Live is a little tough around here right now I have watched 3 very close freinds go on ahead to heaven in the past few weeks ! hard to get excited about much, but if the boys from MI. get me to the classic it will help I'm sure !!
Glad to see life is good for the rest of ya!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline BearG

« Reply #6827 on: October 10, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »
Pappy
there are plans being formed to get me to the classic this spring ,glad to have freinds that care enough to make this kind of effert !
Live is a little tough around here right now I have watched 3 very close freinds go on ahead to heaven in the past few weeks ! hard to get excited about much, but if the boys from MI. get me to the classic it will help I'm sure !!
Glad to see life is good for the rest of ya!
Guy
Like i said in the past if something happens with that plan, and you can get to Cincinnati you can go with me.  I leave the Friday or Saturday before and come back Sunday afternoon or Monday mornig.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6828 on: October 10, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »
Thanks Bear !!
I think it will work out this year !
They plan to come right by here on the way !
The way its looking it will be a big doings you folks best get to helping Pappy get ready ! Hawk said he is trying to get things cleared so him and Stacey can come too so I don't want to miss it ! the only ones missing would be Norm Blaker and William Blalock ,then most of Primitive archery in this country would be there ! Praising God for the thought that it might actualy happen !
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline oschroe

« Reply #6829 on: October 10, 2011, 05:13:29 pm »
Yep Cowboy you did promise.  I never forget anything >:D  Hey, don't you owe me twenty bucks? ;D
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6830 on: October 10, 2011, 07:07:27 pm »
Woody! There you are - now i got your number! I'll send ya a twenty dollar rock when i get around to it, ha >:D ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6831 on: October 10, 2011, 10:45:20 pm »
I guess the way VB snores it's gonna be hard to find him  a place to stay with his wife next year.   ;D  I'll think of something.  I think I'll try to find an extra nice tent for him and have it set up like a few years ago.

The wife says I can buy a new tent and I'm looking hard at one from Cabela's that I really like.  It's should be a bkast like all the years before.

Hey Bear looking forward to seeing you again.  Hurry on down so we can have more fun.  Mullet, you gonna be here in November also!??!

I didn't think I was gonna be able to come visit Twin Oaks this weekend but my brother is coming down from St Louis and it looks possible.  I'll keep ya posted Pappy.

I just have to get my new Osage bow worked on.  It's looking like it might be a good one.  At the stage I'm at now one never knows however. 

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #6832 on: October 10, 2011, 10:51:42 pm »
Woody! There you are - now i got your number! I'll send ya a twenty dollar rock when i get around to it, ha >:D ;D.
how about sending em one too  >:D;D ;)
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6833 on: October 11, 2011, 07:06:07 am »
Cool Guy,we will be looking forward to it. Ya I haven't seen Norm in 10-15 years ,   I would love to see him again. Good news Jon,maybe see ya this weekend.Jimmy is down at the cabin today camping with the boys and doing some boy scout work. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6834 on: October 11, 2011, 08:14:03 am »
This is what it looks like at the farm right now ;D

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6835 on: October 11, 2011, 08:20:42 am »
Well I tried to post a pic of the fire from my phone but that didn't work. Its a full moon and we taught the boys to tell time using the sun dial with the moon. They couldn't believe it. At 9 pm it showed 9 am perfectly. I wonder how many kids today have learned that skill?  They are just fascinated with the outdoors.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6836 on: October 11, 2011, 09:41:18 am »
Cool ,wished I was there. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6837 on: October 11, 2011, 09:44:49 am »
Pappy you're starting to sound like me now.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6838 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:27 pm »
Pappy
You should take a year off from the shoot in penn. and come see Norm at the Marshall shoot, its the only one Norm does any more !
I dont think there will be many more for him .
It would be a blessing for him I'm sure !!
Guy Dasher
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6839 on: October 12, 2011, 07:00:17 am »
Guy,I need to do that. Very interesting guy to say the least. :) :) Ya Cracker ,Jimmy is down there now with the scouts,I stopped by yesterday and hunted and shared the camp fire and some roasted Venison for a while last evening,It was fun as always.Jimmy killed a big doe in what we call the honey hole yesterday morning 110 lbs and done it with his Red Elm bow.Nice deer and nice shot, he should be on later with some pictures ,wished I could have been there to help track and drag. ;) O well it will be Friday before you know it. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good