Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671004 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6870 on: October 17, 2011, 07:50:14 am »
 Me getting another Sour wood arrow with trade point ready,if I ever decide to hunt againg this year. ;) :) :) Will Checking out his fence post  bow and working on some points that he used Sunday morning,from the pictures in the hunting section it looks like they worked out very nice. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6871 on: October 17, 2011, 07:56:35 am »
A very nice gift from Will,sweet knife. Thanks  :) :).Will doing some hide work,he caught on pretty quick and done all the final clean up and slots with a flake.Worked nice.  :) :)Then to wind up the weekend Jesse piles them up,I will let him tell the story. :) :) Hope yall had a good one.I know I did. :)
Life is Good. :) :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6872 on: October 17, 2011, 09:48:39 am »
Wow Pappy looks like you guys got it going on Greg looks pretty popular with the girls. Food looks good as usual. Pappy do you ever get tired? Life is good. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6873 on: October 17, 2011, 09:06:02 pm »
Will sorry I missed you.  I hunted Sat. morning and evening.  Came over mid morning but you must have still been in bed  ;)

Greg - Great alignment and the pic looks like a nice relaxed bow hand.  Looking good brother.  I'm working on an osage now.  I got a piece of the Osage from Gary that was cut on Denny's farm.  I wanted some of that tree.  It's an inner stave that had 40 years of growth on top of the ring that will be the back of the bow. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6874 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:57 am »
Ya Cracker,about Dark. :) :) Jimmy that should make a fine bow,I have a piece also but plan on letting mine season for a while,I know some say it don't matter but I think it dose and I have plenty of wood to work with. :) If I know you ,you will have it shooting by the weekend. :) :) :) You are like a man on a mission when you get started on something. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6875 on: October 18, 2011, 09:00:52 am »
Yes, Pappy you know  me well.  I try to be patient when necessary but I get excited to get it done and get to shooting  :)

Offline Will H

« Reply #6876 on: October 18, 2011, 09:25:21 am »
Pappy I sure had a great time this weekend! Thanks so much for everything. :) I can hardly belive I got another deer down! Guess I might need to come by this weekend and get another arrow ready if thats alright ;) Jimmy, guess I just missed you. Maybe next time :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6877 on: October 18, 2011, 09:43:53 am »
Ya Will that would be great,I will be there from Friday evening till Sunday morning,you got a hide  to scrape anyway,did you save the buck hide, ;) :)I know you did and that should make a good one,I plan on doing some tanning next weekend the 29/30 can't hunt anyway,it is the youth hunt weekend. :) I do plan on hunting more this weekend,the weather is getting right and the bucks should be moving. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #6878 on: October 18, 2011, 10:40:10 am »
U read my mind pap! See ya then buddy! Thanks :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6879 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »
If I have my wifes schedule remembered right...I just might make it down there myself this weekend.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6880 on: October 19, 2011, 07:00:13 am »
Cool,let me know Shannon,been a while and would be good to see ya. :) :) Also I will need to lay out some stuff for supper. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #6881 on: October 19, 2011, 11:59:47 am »
Cool,let me know Shannon,been a while and would be good to see ya. :) :) Also I will need to lay out some stuff for supper. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
If Shannon shows up you better lay out the whole freezer  >:D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #6882 on: October 19, 2011, 07:36:33 pm »
Looks like the wife is gonna drop me off at Twin Oaks on the way back from Nashville.   8)

See ya'll there.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #6883 on: October 20, 2011, 01:42:08 pm »
It looks like a great time with a great bunch of folks ;) looks like I live to far north :-\ keep the good times posted!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Danpriceusa

« Reply #6884 on: October 21, 2011, 01:22:20 am »
Had a great time this last weekend.  Thanks so much.  I am showing everyone in Missouri the pix of the bow John is making. Can't wait till my next visit.