Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708629 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6900 on: October 24, 2011, 08:15:13 am »
Supper,pork[the other white meat] and more inner deer loin[keep it coming boys]
Tips finished on my snake bow,they came out pretty even. :) :) Shannon making a kids bow and GregB working on his winged elm,he has it floor tillered. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6901 on: October 24, 2011, 08:18:36 am »
More hide work,Will fleshing his buck hide and Me and Jesse racking the elk hide. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6902 on: October 24, 2011, 08:24:01 am »
Elk hide racked,Shannon doing some bow and tip work. What a view,Fall in middle Tennessee. :) :) Man it don't get much better. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6903 on: October 24, 2011, 08:29:08 am »
Will's buck getting racked up. Jesse getting the fire ready to cook supper Shannon
with kids bow braced and GregB just relaxing with Bubba. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6904 on: October 24, 2011, 08:33:48 am »
A bag Will made fron the rawhide of his first deer this year. More napping. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6905 on: October 24, 2011, 08:39:00 am »
Shannon falling in and helping me rawhide back my snake bow[ just ant enough hours in a day]  :) :) Jesse doing some hand fluting and one of Wills hunting point. Then doing some little tracking. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6906 on: October 24, 2011, 08:45:06 am »
Tracking and finding Shannon's 8 point. We put one heck of a track on the deer. :) :) :) My snake bow ready to tiller after a few day to re hidrate. That is it for this weekend,can't wait to do it again.Youth hunt next weekend and then Eddie/DaveO and Jon will be there for a weeks hunt/play. Yes Cracker,I am tired after this weekend. ;) ;D ;D Hope ya ll had a good one also  :)
   Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #6907 on: October 24, 2011, 08:56:45 am »
Hey Pappy I bet you are that was a weeks work packed into two days. I had a pretty laid back weekend mostly unwinding from the stress associated with my sons wedding last week. We had our local town festival this week. There was a blacksmith there who I spent almost the whole time talking to. Got some trading done with him, but mostly kicked mack and relaxed.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6908 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:48 am »
Boy I'm glad Shannon got one with a witness because things were getting pretty rough for him down on the farm.  ;D

Congrats guys.  Great work making meat.  I only hunted Sat. morning.  Worked a lot on my osage.  Supposed to warm back up this week darn it.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6909 on: October 24, 2011, 10:13:53 am »
Dang i miss that place! Good times and folks all around. Good to see old friends and new hanging out together.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6910 on: October 24, 2011, 11:48:12 am »
Wow! :) There is never a dull moment at the farm!  Spent the weekend showing elk hunters around the ranch and my wifes rhino had a dead battery on the back side of the mountain!  some fun :'(  This may not be the best time to ask, but would you like another elk hide this spring?  Cowboy was right about missing the farm!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Will H

« Reply #6911 on: October 24, 2011, 04:52:52 pm »
I sure did have a great time this weekend pappy! Thanks again for everything :) Shannon, I'm glad u got one Sunday, I had a feeling it was gonna work out. ;) I tell ya what after workin on that elk hide and my buck i sure was tired. Tried to shoot ol red before hitting the woods sun afternoon and couldn't draw the darn thing back!! Had to swap to my 45lb bow and could hardly handle that... :-\
Paul, wish u could have been there this weekend man! I noticed they finally got ur tower painted and up, it looks real good:)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline iowabow

« Reply #6912 on: October 24, 2011, 05:10:52 pm »
Pappy, I got the bow done and your instruction were top notch 53 lbs.  It was so yellow I took a walnut to it and browned it up a bit. Put a finish on it this morning. Now I cant wait to build another! I learned so much about how little changes make a big difference. I'll send you some finshed picture tonight. Thanks for taking the time to write it all down for me.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6913 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:49 pm »
Pappy,

You Tennessee boys sure know how to make some neat stuff and have fun ;D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6914 on: October 25, 2011, 06:48:37 am »
Glad everyone had a good time,Will my arms are sore also. iowabow glad it all worked out,can't wait to see it.Cipriano we sure do,there is so much goes on down there most of the time I have trouble keeping up. Joe of course I do. I will be better by then,I plane to start scraping this one this weekend. It has some thick hair so I am beating it will be tough but most good thing ant easy to do. ;) ;D ;D Paul we miss you and I know Bubba dose ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good