Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668098 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10020 on: November 19, 2013, 05:57:56 am »
Thanks guys,it is much appreciated,it is getting pretty strange,he is brain dead and no chance for recovery,but they still have him on life support and are making plans to take his organs,they say they have to keep the blood flowing until that can happen ,so the family is just waiting,officially he ant dead,but yet he is.Very hard on a family to set and wait,but very good of them to donate the organs so someone else can live a good life.Very sad around here right now. Hopefull for the family that can all take place today and they can get some rest and closure,it has been a long few days for them.   
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10021 on: November 19, 2013, 08:14:19 am »
What a precious gift  they give !!!!!!
Thank you !
Still praying for all !!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #10022 on: November 19, 2013, 10:44:27 am »
I was having a bunch of the kids(all adults) in this past weekend so I gathered all my loaded pistols from behind the lounge cushions and easily accessible drawers and put them out of reach from anyone who happened by.   I was shocked when I pulled out my 45 and found it locked and loaded with the safety off, gave me cold chills, don't know how it got that way, an accident waiting to happen.

I live alone at the end of a dead end road in out in the country, home invasions do happen in my area so I keep my firepower close at hand. Got to be more careful in the future.

Offline seabass

« Reply #10023 on: November 19, 2013, 04:25:05 pm »
sorry to hear about your friend Mark.i think about you guys down there all the time and hope that you are doing well.see ya soon.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #10024 on: November 19, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »
      :'(

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10025 on: November 20, 2013, 05:47:06 am »
He is still at Vandy in limbo waiting for the team that removes and cares for the organs,hopefully the family will get some closure soon.I decided yesterday I need a break from all this and went to the woods,great day.Close encounter with my 7 point,about a yard from the stand but no shot and 15 yard from a pretty good 10 point ,but no shot. :) Very relaxing afternoon,Feel better now.It is amazing what a day by yourself in the woods will do for the spirit. :) Gives you time to think ,ponder and remember the good times and flush out the bad. :)  Great day for sure. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #10026 on: November 20, 2013, 06:40:31 am »
I agree with ya Pappy.  Nothing like time in the woods.  Took off early yesterday from work to take Debbie hunting. Her ideal. :) Gotta like that.  She seen one and I none, but a great day.  Prayers still coming from here for Perry's family.

David

Offline cracker

« Reply #10027 on: November 20, 2013, 09:47:04 am »
Haven't been on in a while Mark, I am very sorry to hear about that young man. Sometimes life is cruel. Hope it all gets better for you. You're friend Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10028 on: November 21, 2013, 07:12:07 am »
It can be for sure Cracker, good to see you back around,miss you when you are gone. Hope all is well with you.  :) They got what they need from him yesterday and he's back in Clarksville,he will be buried Saturday evening.Glad for the family it is finely coming to a close. Went out for a while yesterday and saw a couple of deer,bucks still chasing around here,calling for rain tomorrow and then turning off cold for the weekend,down in the high teens,now that's cold for us. :) But should get the deer moving, Big gun opens Saturday so now I will have to listen to that for a few days. ;) :) Then by early Dec. through the first of Jan. it is usually pretty calm,most of the gun hunters either gave up/killed out /to cold or just went to something else. ;) [ Duck hunting or football ]  ???  YES that's what I like. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #10029 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:02 pm »
Well Mark I hope you get that biggun you been chasing. If you do be sure to post some pics,he's just about a legend here on the boards. But then what would you have to chase after. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Marks

« Reply #10030 on: November 21, 2013, 04:19:35 pm »
I need an explanation for this mythical 7 point. Are you in a competition? Is this the only point combination you haven't killed?? I've been hearing it talked about a lot but I don't understand the importance.

There is nothing like a day in the woods. If I can't get out at lease a little while for a week or 2 I start getting stressed and antsy. It calms my nerves.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10031 on: November 21, 2013, 09:40:16 pm »
I need an explanation for this mythical 7 point. Are you in a competition? Is this the only point combination you haven't killed?? I've been hearing it talked about a lot but I don't understand the importance.

There is nothing like a day in the woods. If I can't get out at lease a little while for a week or 2 I start getting stressed and antsy. It calms my nerves.

$$$$$$$$$$ :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10032 on: November 22, 2013, 06:13:05 am »
Marks,we don't talk about it much because some people get the wrong idea and so it is just among our club, [ don't want to get a your are right or you are wrong thing started]  :) :) :)TwinOaks has a  White tail grand slam [we call it]
we are not trophy hunters so what we did was made a board and every deer that is killed [bow]your name goes on the board in the proper place under doe/spike/3/4/5/6/7/8plus.When you fill in all the slots you get the pot,the club puts in $100.00 a year and this one has been going on for 9 years,all I need is a 7 to fill the slots and have needed it for 4 years now. The last one took 10 years  to finish and I won it, it took me 4 years to kill a 6 point. :) Hope this don't get any bad press or controversy started ,it is just something we do in the club.  :) :) Hope that clears up the 7 point thing. :) Friday and I am so glad .been a long and sad week. Headed to the cabin today and then got a funeral tomorrow evening.Hope to get some shop time in today,it is trying to rain here and then is supposed to turn really cold so with the rain hunting may be out for me. That's OK need some time in the shop anyway. Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday.
 Life is Good.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:22:52 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10033 on: November 22, 2013, 08:19:45 am »
Pappy
A week is a long time for a funeral, sure that is hard on folks
I am still praying for all those involved !

Hope you get your deer !
Guy
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:47:51 pm by Buckeye Guy »
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #10034 on: November 22, 2013, 08:42:12 am »
See ya in a few Pappy.   :)