Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671015 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10050 on: November 26, 2013, 12:07:01 pm »
Good luck Pappy! Congrats _Jon_! Looks like things are pretty normal around there to me :). I'm wondering why Woody doesn't have a quart jar in his hand? Also wondering how many more years those Molson chairs have left in em, ha... 
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #10051 on: November 26, 2013, 06:12:32 pm »
That wasn't a 7 pointer was it Jon? Keep them pictuers comin... I don't say much on here but I miss Twin Oaks, all yall characters and look forward to every monday post. Life is good!

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #10052 on: November 26, 2013, 11:13:33 pm »
    life is truly good since I became a member of the twin oaks bowhunters
                                                      happy holidays to all

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10053 on: November 27, 2013, 05:39:19 am »
Good to hear from you Josh miss you also,hope to see ya back someday.Cowboy Woody had one,just not in the picture ;) ;D ;D and the chairs I just keep screwing them back together,very confrontable,may get a few more years out of them. ;)
This is my Friday,hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving,I plan on heading to the cabin today to do some hunting this evening and in the morning,then off to a family dinner then back for some more hunting and maybe a little work in the shop.
Nothing really changes for me much,very routine,boring life but it is good for sure. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #10054 on: November 27, 2013, 09:50:58 am »
Happy Thanksgiving Twin Oaks and to the PA family. Hope to get out in the woods myself. This is my Friday also, off till Tuesday. I'll need some luck, weather will be good.   BDan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Patches

« Reply #10055 on: November 27, 2013, 12:38:35 pm »
My Friday too!  I am heading back out this afternoon with a bow.  Our regular gun season ended yesterday. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10056 on: November 27, 2013, 04:17:23 pm »
Me too!! Im off till Tuesday.  I plan on trapping some (coyote) and doing some deer hunting as well.  Hopefully my luck will change and I'll have some pics to show. :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #10057 on: November 27, 2013, 06:00:51 pm »
Ya gotta get in the woods to see them, David. ;)

One day I will be back! God willing!!! ;-) How ya doing Eddie? Been crazy out here on this side of the country. Trying to get the homestead settled in and everything unpacked....still working on it since June!!!  :o

Will be nice to have a day off tomorrow! Gayle and I are working 6 days a week right now.  :'(

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Tiller

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10058 on: November 27, 2013, 10:38:47 pm »
Nothing really changes for me much,very routine,boring life but it is good for sure. ;) :)
 Pappy

Flip side of the coin is the old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."

I drove up Hiway 44 west of town today to see an old friend that was recovering from surgery.  On the way I saw 30-some bighorn sheep.  Couple of the big old herd Grandfathers were beside the road licking salt, giving me quite an eyefull.  I came around a bend and started to climb up out of Dark Canyon when I saw another in the ditch.  As I got close I slowed down to get a better look.  The "ram" lifted his head to see who was slowing down and it was a muley buck with a body like a bighorn ram!!!

I pert' near put the jeep in the ditch trying to catch my breath!  He was literally a brick s----house on legs.  When I drove down off the hill, he was up the road further and in the other ditch.  When I got home I pulled all my maps out and started praying to find a scootch of public land in amongst the developments there but was sadly disappointed.  Only way to get him is to "chrome grill him" Mullet style and call a gamewarden for a candystripe tag.  *sob*

So I saw a buck I have no chance of hunting.  Just knowing he is out there breeding means life is goooood!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline swamp yeti

« Reply #10059 on: November 28, 2013, 11:23:01 am »
Happy thanksgivng every one

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #10060 on: November 28, 2013, 01:59:00 pm »
happy thanksgiving to all
john 3:16

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10061 on: November 28, 2013, 09:23:36 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Friends.....and I hope You all have a Blessed Christmas Holiday too....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10062 on: November 28, 2013, 09:36:41 pm »
Good to see your still kickin Mike..how ya doin?..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #10063 on: November 28, 2013, 09:41:51 pm »
I'll be darned! El Destructo, haven't seen that handle in awhile. Howdy mike :). Hey Brian, need some more concrete to beat on ::)?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #10064 on: November 28, 2013, 09:51:22 pm »
Only if it comes with free knappin lessons :o...and a jackhammer, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....