Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671230 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10290 on: January 21, 2014, 06:23:31 am »
Great weekend,had lots of folks down and got a lot of stuff done.We had a good meeting and working Saturday,enough wood for the Classic cut [we think] :-\ and some other things worked out.  Here are some Pictures of the fun and projects. :)
First thing I saw on arriving Friday,lots of Turkey. ;) :) There ya go Eddie. ;) :)
My 15 year old Osage getting trimmed up and ready for my next project,lots of natural reflex,should make a good bow.  :) Cutting out Jon new Osage,just enough wood we think,as you know it don't take much Osage to make a bow. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10291 on: January 21, 2014, 06:34:39 am »
Doug's grandson's bow getting ready for the form/tip and grip work. Joseph[new guy] and Chuck working on Joseph's Hickory bow. Good fire and fellowship around it Friday night.[chillie Friday night] ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10292 on: January 21, 2014, 06:42:59 am »
Will doing some picking for us around the fire. Goff T shelf and tip glued up on Doug's bow. :) Wood cutting Saturday,you will notice all the old guys showed up,most of the young ones are smarter than we are. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10293 on: January 21, 2014, 06:45:48 am »
More wood cutting,it was a very large red oak that went down in the last wind storm,it made us some fine fire wood and lots of it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10294 on: January 21, 2014, 06:53:38 am »
It is a good time of year to do hard work. It's great you had folks turn out to help out. It makes like work with many hands.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10295 on: January 21, 2014, 06:56:26 am »
Wood pile looking good,about 1 more cutting and we should be good for the year. ;) :) Takes lots of wood for us. :) Joseph back at it with Will keeping a close eye. :) Ema showed up to work on her Hickory bow,we got it braced Saturday and looking pretty good so far. She stays hard at it and is a very quick learner. :) Me shooting Will's new Reflex/deflex bow,very smooth and sweet shooter. Kevin using our new chain sharpener to fix the stuff we dulled on our Saturday wood cutting. :) That thing is very handy for us with all the wood we cut. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline iowabow

« Reply #10296 on: January 21, 2014, 07:02:30 am »
Wow that is a lot of wood!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10297 on: January 21, 2014, 07:07:27 am »
Very true John,we couldn't keep this place going with out all the guys being interested and pitching in when work needs to be done,very special bunch for sure. Joseph's bow to first brace. :) Joshia showed up and gave me some lessons on playing the flute Clint sent me,that kid can play. Also some of his new 2 fletch cain and shorty Osage bow,he shoots it very good and the arrows fly like darts. ;) :) Will and Sally just relaxing after a long days work. :) Chuck came to us from Washington state and wanted to make some bows from all our available wood so I have him some gathered,he is also interested in narrow/short or limb bows. I gave him a HHB/Hickory/Dogwood and American Hornbeam, Can't wait to see what he does with them. ;) :) :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:30:39 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10298 on: January 21, 2014, 07:11:36 am »
Some skins off the boards. ;) :) Readying my new Yew bow for tip over lays and gluing them up. Working on my Osage,getting it ready for low brace,this was on Monday,had the place to myself and got lots of stuff done that I never seem to get time for on the weekends. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10299 on: January 21, 2014, 07:19:11 am »
 Working on some hides,this one is about ready to smoke, just a little more stretching and drying.  ??? Drying the tip over lays on my Yew bow. :) Skins rolled and ready for future use. :) Sally still chewing on stuff and just hanging out with me,she never gets to far away form my side,turning into a great dog. Got a lot of Sadie in her. :) Osage about ready to brace,just a little more scrapping.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10300 on: January 21, 2014, 07:24:53 am »
Just a bit of Character in my Osage bow, it ready for short brace,it needed a little tweeking for tip alignment so I took care of that,should be good to go now.  ;) :)
Working down the tips on my Yew bow,readying it for the tiller stick,once it is braced I will flip the tip a bit more,but for now I just want to brace it. Hope yall had a good one,I know I did and managed to get a lot done. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10301 on: January 21, 2014, 08:34:54 am »
Looks like another great weekend.  All these pictures are getting me fired up for the Classic.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10302 on: January 21, 2014, 11:09:50 am »
Looks like another great weekend.  All these pictures are getting me fired up for the Classic.
+1
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #10303 on: January 21, 2014, 01:15:39 pm »
Miss you guys. Cold over here. Here are some pics. Link should take you to the album.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/RangerB/slideshow/Afghanistan%202014

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10304 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:57 pm »
Jimmy, you be careful, buddy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?