Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4668540 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10335 on: January 31, 2014, 08:15:29 am »
Just got the word,my boss was so impressed with the way we handled the  bad week ,that he told me to get out of here early today ,so I am out of here in an hour or so. ;D ;D  Got to love a good boss. ;) :) :) :) :) Life is really good now. ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #10336 on: January 31, 2014, 08:55:46 am »
Just got the word,my boss was so impressed with the way we handled the  bad week ,that he told me to get out of here early today ,so I am out of here in an hour or so. ;D ;D  Got to love a good boss. ;) :) :) :) :) Life is really good now. ;)
  Pappy
Have fun wish I was there. Question Dawn's s-10 Blazer with the 4.3 , last year I had to put on a distidture cap (cracked) . well I just had to put on another this one wasn't cracked but cyl. 1 and 4 where miss firing bad. No moisture we could see but cap took care of problem. any clues or ideas?  wires are also new from last year, distibuter is about2 or3 years old.
thanks
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #10337 on: January 31, 2014, 12:20:16 pm »
@BearG -

Try replacing the rotor as well. Check to see if any of the wires are touching the manifold or other heat source any where. On my old van I replaced all three, dist cap, rotor and wires and will hit290k miles on the way home. Make sure all plugs are gapped correctly, not cracked from installation and all wires are seated fully.

Offline BearG

« Reply #10338 on: January 31, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »
@BearG -

Try replacing the rotor as well. Check to see if any of the wires are touching the manifold or other heat source any where. On my old van I replaced all three, dist cap, rotor and wires and will hit290k miles on the way home. Make sure all plugs are gapped correctly, not cracked from installation and all wires are seated fully.
    Thanks rotor is new, wires ran away from manifold. I'm thinking it was just a cheap cap, the AC delco I put on last night looked better quality.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline seabass

« Reply #10339 on: January 31, 2014, 06:08:31 pm »
Bear,always get a cap that has brass  instead of aluminum.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline mscott

« Reply #10340 on: February 03, 2014, 06:12:22 am »
Had good time this weeked at twin oaks.
|)
|) () \/\/  /\/\ /-\ |\/  /\/\|KE

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10341 on: February 03, 2014, 06:28:59 am »
What Steve said Bear,we only use Del co parts on our GM stuff anymore. Same here Mike,it was a lot of fun and got lots done. Will wanted Hickory,now he has some. We had lots of folks visit,members and friends. 6 or 7 bows in the works and several more potential bows roughed out for Chuck ;) :) :) Great time around the fire and some pretty good eating. Hard to beat. :) Sally still finding bones,she has the all over the place. ;) :) My Yew bow ready to brace and go on the recurve form ,also tip over lays mostly finished up. :) Trip to the barn to bring up some Hickory to turn into staves for the Classic. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10342 on: February 03, 2014, 06:35:22 am »
Hickory from the barn,2 year old,should make some nice bows.  :) Jon/Will/Dan
all working on bows getting them ready to Brace/Tiller or head to the form for some tweaking. :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:02:49 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10343 on: February 03, 2014, 06:39:48 am »
My Yew braced and out to 45@20 and ready to flip the ends a bit. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10344 on: February 03, 2014, 06:47:37 am »
Jon's next Osage project with a little twist and on the form to cure that. ;) ;D ;D
Amazing what a little heat will do for twist. ;) Michael's Osage ready to be cut out. Jon giving Jeff[new guy] some lessons on tip work. Ron and his Grandsons came over for the day. :) Them boys stayed busy all day. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10345 on: February 03, 2014, 06:54:45 am »
Art showed up for a few hours,always a pleasure to visit with him. :) Some friends of Michael showed up to watch and seemed really interested,may have hooked a couple more. ;) :) Jeff still hard at work on his Hickory bow. :) Mike work's the ring on a pretty nasty/gnarly stave and me cutting one out for Michael. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10346 on: February 03, 2014, 07:04:05 am »
Michael's stave cut out,it's going to be a wicked one for sure. Mike working down
a pair of billets to glue up. Ron's son Chris showed up with yet another Grandson.
3 generation's there. ;) :) My Yew off the form,looking very good so far. :) Being greedy and splitting some belly's off some very nice Osage,you always take a chance when you try that on such a small piece,but it worked out,we got 4 bow  staves instead of 2. ;) I used the chain saw to Cerf the big Hickory logs for the same reason[greed] >:D ;) you can get more that way rather than just splitting and let it run where it may.[at least most times you can]  ;) :) :)
Pappy
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:33:48 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10347 on: February 03, 2014, 07:12:17 am »
Still splitting belly's. ;) Cutting some splices and gluing them up on Mike's bow. :)
Sawing up some Limb/sapling bow wood for Chuck,he wants everything Tennessee has to offer,we got him Hickory/HHB/Blue beach[ American hornbeam] I think it is also called,don't find much straight enough for a bow in Tennessee,and also Dog wood. He should be set for a while. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10348 on: February 03, 2014, 07:18:54 am »
Sawing the Blue beach. :) Looks clean and should make a bow. :) Chuck working on some Osage billets. :) Mike splitting some HHB for Chuck. :) Hickory staves split out over the weekend. should be 30 plus bow if all goes good. :) Another splice /glue up of some 12 year old Osage billets. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10349 on: February 03, 2014, 07:24:00 am »
Jon's Osage off the form and Mikes going on,they both came off straight/no checks and good reflex and tip alignment. We had a very productive and fun weekend ,got lots done but as always still lots left we want to do. Hope yall had a good one also. ;) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:36:21 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good