Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4671245 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10440 on: March 03, 2014, 06:06:07 am »
Where I spent all of Friday evening and most of Saturday morning,got 37 staves ready for the form,i plane on starting them this coming weekend after they have time to settle a bit.[man my legs are tired] ;) ;D ;D Shooting the bull around the fire,no music this weekend [Will had a tooth ack]  :( Never had one but heard they are bad. ;) :) Water line going in,finely part of the project that went as planned.  ;) ;D
   Pappy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:02:28 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10441 on: March 03, 2014, 06:13:14 am »
Dan's Osage back at brace,46@26,just what he wanted.Also unbraced after shooting,still holding over 2 inches of reflex,it started with 3 1/2.Special wood and he done a nice job tillering.I will have some finished pictures and full draw when he is done. Chuck working on some knife scales. Jon helping with the Hickory,Thanks Jon. ;) ;D More bull being shot from Chuck and Art.[token Yankee] ;) :) My Yew 35@10 inches.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10442 on: March 03, 2014, 06:15:48 am »
People fail to realize how much work is involved at Twin Oaks in preparation for all you guys do for the local community and the sport of traditional/primitive archery.  My hats off to you guys. 
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10443 on: March 03, 2014, 06:23:10 am »
Thanks Greg,but we love it. ;) ;D ;D Sometimes over whelming but still love it.  :)
Sally just resting after a long day of running and chewing on stuff. ;) ;D ;D Art/Dan and Chuck discussing Arrow work,I picked up Art 2 dozen old Acme Premium shafts at the Spring Fling last week so is should be good for the season,hard to come by them shafts anymore.  ;) :)Yew at brace and looking pretty good for now. Supper in the pot,roast chicken and taters. Yum. ;) :) Dan got his tips glued up and ready for working down. :) Some Hickory starves,these turned out nice,got 37 for the Classic. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10444 on: March 03, 2014, 06:30:29 am »
Close up of the Hickory. :) My Yew 44@ 18 looking good I think and still plenty of wood and draw to work with. :) Me cutting an IW slapping for Chuck,it came off the drive and him with the best half. Should make a nice bow when it seasones a bit. ;) :) GregB cutting out some knife blades. :) Dan working on his tip over lays. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10445 on: March 03, 2014, 06:38:09 am »
My Yew un braced,not much set so far. My new hat my brother brought down for me,it won't replace my old one but does feel pretty good and I plan to wear it
a lot. ;) ;D ;D Some Walnut,like I have said before wast not want not,we cut this dead Tree down by the camp ground.afraid it would fall on the porta jons,most that have been there know the one I am talking about,been standing dead for years.I went Saturday evening to look at it and low and behold the heart wood is solid and looks great so I cut a couple of slabs off of it and plan to cut more before it gets pushed in a pile. It will make some beautiful bowls or knife scales. ;) :) :) Hope yall had a good one.That's it for this weekend. :)
Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:07:25 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

« Reply #10446 on: March 03, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
For those that have never been to Pappy's place in  TN, you owe it to yourself to go.  It is better than the photo's show with a very helpful and friendly crew.  There are no strangers down there as everyone is made to feel right at home.

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10447 on: March 03, 2014, 02:24:14 pm »
For those that have never been to Pappy's place in  TN, you owe it to yourself to go.  It is better than the photo's show with a very helpful and friendly crew.  There are no strangers down there as everyone is made to feel right at home.
+1

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10448 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:05 am »
Thanks guys,but the folks like yall that come is what make it so special. Didn't get
anything done yesterday,to cold and snowy,did get to watch some of our TwinOaks kids [Logan and Megan]play in the snow and get pulled on their sleds by Michael with a 4 wheeler,and Sally running and rolling in the snow,don't get to see that a lot in TN. brought back old memoir's.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #10449 on: March 04, 2014, 01:05:47 pm »
I like that stylin' new hat you got Pappy, perfect for around the bow shop or while taking in the club scene on
Beale St. in Memphis. Cool  8) 8) ;)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10450 on: March 05, 2014, 06:29:18 am »
Yep,that is what I thought also Greg. ;) :) :) I did take the band off when I got home. Got some more done on the Yew yesterday,47@20 1/2 now,slow as we go.As Mike said on the bow forum,full draw should be interesting. Looking for 50ish @26
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10451 on: March 05, 2014, 08:20:09 am »
I hope you've got that bow shooting by the time the Classic rolls around.  I want to see that baby in action!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10452 on: March 06, 2014, 05:31:16 am »
If all goes well,it should be shooting by the weekend Greg.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10453 on: March 06, 2014, 02:34:17 pm »
Pappy
Look what poped up on my comp. screen today not sure why
But sure did bring back some memories !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline chamookman

« Reply #10454 on: March 07, 2014, 04:44:38 am »
Man - That really takes Me back ! Thanks for posting Guy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.