Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4670938 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10455 on: March 07, 2014, 05:37:09 am »
Thanks Guy,miss him.Great guy for sure. The last time I seen Sonny was at Cloverdale,he  camped beside us and stayed in our camp watching me work down to a growth ring the 3 sisters/3 snaky stave from the same tree. For such a legend in the selfbow world it was very special to me.He was and still is the Limb bow guru in my book,some of the sweetest bows I have ever seen.That was his last year on this earth. :( :) We just never know. ;) Friday and headed to the cabin,hope to get my Yew shooting but we have a meeting and working in the morning to get things set for the up coming shoot on the 15/16th so not sure how much I will get to work in the shop,either way it should be fun. The snow/ice in finely melting so it is going to be sloppy,supposed to be 60 today,nice change. Hope yall have a good one. Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #10456 on: March 07, 2014, 05:52:14 am »
Tell everyone I said Hey Pappy. Have a great weekend.

David

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10457 on: March 07, 2014, 07:57:23 am »
I think that was my last time to see him also Pappy
I enjoyed watching you do that lay out that year
Take care
Have fun
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10458 on: March 08, 2014, 02:25:20 pm »
Guy:  Great pic of Sonny.  Sure miss the fella at bow camp.  He was top notch.

Pappy:  Well?  Are we gonna see the Yewbo this Monday morning?  Sure looks nice, so far.  I'm the same way with yew.  I take 'em real slow.  Even after 20 years, still get a bit skiddish bending yew once it's on the wall!

PatB:  I'll have something to show you at the Classic this year.  Couldn't let it beat me....  >:D

Great to see the fun at Twin Oaks.  Myself and the rest of the Wicki clan are getting pumped for the Classic.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10459 on: March 08, 2014, 03:32:08 pm »
Matt, we can do a "Classic" show and tell.   8)    I plan to be there on Tuesday.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10460 on: March 10, 2014, 05:48:45 am »
Can't wait either Matt it will be good to see your crew. ;) Had a good weekend,got the ranges set/concessions cleaned and order made up/registration all ready for this Saturday. Also had some time in the shop,lots of bow/arrow and knife work going on after the working. Got my Yew shooting out to 50@25,just another inch or so.It seems really quick and smooth with no shock. No pictures for now  :( >:( hooked my camara up thios morning on this new computer and it said I had 7000 + pictures on it,
don't know what the problen is,YET. :-\  pictures soon I hope. Hope yall had a good one.
Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #10461 on: March 10, 2014, 03:48:07 pm »
Can't wait either Matt it will be good to see your crew. ;) Had a good weekend,got the ranges set/concessions cleaned and order made up/registration all ready for this Saturday. Also had some time in the shop,lots of bow/arrow and knife work going on after the working. Got my Yew shooting out to 50@25,just another inch or so.It seems really quick and smooth with no shock. No pictures for now  :( >:( hooked my camara up thios morning on this new computer and it said I had 7000 + pictures on it,
don't know what the problen is,YET. :-\  pictures soon I hope. Hope yall had a good one.
Life is Good.
 Pappy
now thats some pictures. See Ya Friday
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline seabass

« Reply #10462 on: March 10, 2014, 07:31:48 pm »
see you Friday guys.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10463 on: March 11, 2014, 05:27:06 am »
Still ant got it figured out,just means there will be a lot when I do figure it out. ;) :)Looking forward to it Bear/Steve/Bro Dan. Should be a hoot. Got 2 Hickory's on the form last evening,only 27 to go. ;) Didn't get time to work on the Yew,maybe today. ??? Still got to go to Sam's this week for supplies and a little touching up on the ranges and around the Cabin/concession and work shop areas. ;) Spring is always busy. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline seabass

« Reply #10464 on: March 11, 2014, 05:38:46 pm »
i'll help any way I can Friday Pappy.see you soon.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10465 on: March 12, 2014, 06:07:32 am »
Looks like rain and colder weather today and tomorrow,then nicer for the weekend.
Still no pictures but I do have promises it will be fixed by the weekend. :-\ I got 5 more Hickory's on the form last night so I am working them down.Also got another brain
tan deer hide stretched and dried, it's ready for smoke. I love the crowd on the weekends but it sure is peaceful down at the cabin through the week,just Me /Sally and 650am going on the radio. ;) :) :) See yall Friday .
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BDan

« Reply #10466 on: March 12, 2014, 09:02:03 am »
See ya Friday Mark, Leaving Bear's house at 6am, be there 10-11am Tried to call you this morning to see if you want us to bring any food or whatever but went to voice message, I'll try to call you later this morning.   BDan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10467 on: March 13, 2014, 05:24:45 am »
See yall Friday,got most everything set and cleaned up so we should be able to relax a little Friday. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #10468 on: March 13, 2014, 07:12:26 pm »
Talked to BroDan a while ago and he's ready to leave tonight. You guys have a good weekend.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10469 on: March 13, 2014, 07:54:11 pm »
Have fun, guys.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?